Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

Gas Man 09-06-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 488526)
Brother, I understand where you're coming from and I certainly wasn't taking a dig at you. My point is I can't and wouldn't live like that. I'll be completely honest...I'd quit if that was my job. I know the economy is tough and all that but that ain't how I get down. I'd rather be homeless and unemployed that work weeks on end with no time off.

I wasn't taking it as a dig. I just wanted to take the time to explain my position.

I know what/how you want your job. But there is a trade off to be had. If you had hours/pay/money on a higher priority, you could also have more toys or do that house upgrade you want.

I REALLY hope that we can get this transition and cross training done by next spring so I can have a decent normal summer/life. With this new $13M contract we just picked up at my location we may end up manning the facility 24/7 instead of a walk away. We also may increase our crew from 3 ops (I'm one) & 1 LTO (lead terminal operator/jr boss) to 4 ops & 1 LTO. If we do that and everybody is cross trained as well. I want to go on the same sked Caveman is on. 4 man rotation 12 hour shifts. Work 15 out of 21 days (night & day shift swing in there but never work more than 4 days straight), then get 7 days off (28 day rotation), repeat. That is more days off all around and with that 7 day off stretch, it's awesome. Add in after your 12 hour shift there, not on call. WIN WIN WIN

marko138 09-06-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488560)
I wasn't taking it as a dig. I just wanted to take the time to explain my position.

I know what/how you want your job. But there is a trade off to be had. If you had hours/pay/money on a higher priority, you could also have more toys or do that house upgrade you want.

I REALLY hope that we can get this transition and cross training done by next spring so I can have a decent normal summer/life. With this new $13M contract we just picked up at my location we may end up manning the facility 24/7 instead of a walk away. We also may increase our crew from 3 ops (I'm one) & 1 LTO (lead terminal operator/jr boss) to 4 ops & 1 LTO. If we do that and everybody is cross trained as well. I want to go on the same sked Caveman is on. 4 man rotation 12 hour shifts. Work 15 out of 21 days (night & day shift swing in there but never work more than 4 days straight), then get 7 days off (28 day rotation), repeat. That is more days off all around and with that 7 day off stretch, it's awesome. Add in after your 12 hour shift there, not on call. WIN WIN WIN

I feel ya, homie.

Cutty72 09-06-2011 07:34 PM

Yeah, I hear ya too Gas... After this weekend, I'll be putting in apps like you wouldn't believe. I don't want to ditch the job I have... I like what I do and who I work with/for, but there really isn't any upward mobility with how it is written right now. I'm gonna start by looking for alternate part time work, which will do 2 things for me. A) get me some more income to pay off the debt I am accruing this weekend... and B) Give me somewhere that I HAVE to be after work, so I'm not putting in the extra unpaid hours.

We'll see how it goes.

Rider 09-07-2011 08:04 AM

All you fookers are now on my google+ ... at least the ones that I know your real name. Just signed up last week, seems lame so far but willing to ride it out and see where it goes. :tremble:

Gas Man 09-07-2011 08:49 AM

Look me up Rider... I'm on there.

Rider 09-07-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488695)
Look me up Rider... I'm on there.

Already did. :skep:

Gas Man 09-07-2011 09:08 AM

Cool... I can't remember. I forget everything unless my BB reminds me.

azoomm 09-07-2011 09:13 AM

My husband noted yesterday, they are now hiring to drill in Cuba. You work solid for four weeks, then off for four weeks...

marko138 09-07-2011 09:16 AM

So far G+ sucks. No one updates shit.

Trip 09-07-2011 03:22 PM

Sinus infection = teh suck

I love naps, but every time I take one I wake up feeling worse. BLAH!