Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

Cutty72 09-03-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488277)
I haven't had a day off in a 2 weeks and next one isn't till the 17th.

You work too hard...

Granted, I had a similar schedule this spring/summer with all the flooding and annual training, so I feel your pain.

Granted, you're probably getting OT and raking it in, while I still got paid the same... so :fu:

Gas Man 09-03-2011 10:45 PM

Oh I get ot. Otherwise they'd kiss my hine end. I earned my yearly base salary by end of june. But its killed my social and riding lives. I try not to concentrate on that so much, instead look at the $25k in debt I've paid off in 8 months.

Don't worry thought cutty, uncle sam is going to rake me over as well at this point.

marko138 09-04-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 488308)
Oh I get ot. Otherwise they'd kiss my hine end. I earned my yearly base salary by end of june. But its killed my social and riding lives. I try not to concentrate on that so much, instead look at the $25k in debt I've paid off in 8 months.

Don't worry thought cutty, uncle sam is going to rake me over as well at this point.

I honestly don't know how you can live like that. You're a better man than me, I certainly couldn't and more importantly wouldn't work hours like that. It's not the way humans are meant to live.

Gas Man 09-04-2011 12:21 PM

It's the career man... But this year we are striving for more and better things. If we can get people trained and in place, next year should be awesome.

For now I just keep my head down, roll at pace, and think of all the money I can make. One bad social year is putting me years ahead finacially.

Mr Lefty 09-04-2011 02:41 PM

I get it gas... shit, the way things are right now, I work too much, and I don't even get paid overtime... if I could I'd work every damn day till Thanksgiving... if it ment I could pay off my debt then.

Gas Man 09-04-2011 05:13 PM

Thank you. I'm biting the bullet now, getting paid well to do so, look like the best team player I can at work, and next year will be sitting in a much better financially. I'm amazed at how many can't under stand it.

I will say this. I have to keep my mind on the positives and ignore the cobb webs forming on my bike and riding gear. Otherwise I'd go insane.

So to say I'm very much looking forward to riding the brp. Well that's an understatement of huge proportions.

marko138 09-05-2011 01:33 PM

I really don't care about money like that. I value my time off and my life more than cash. That's just me though. I get where you're coming from.

Trip 09-05-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 488421)
I really don't care about money like that. I value my time off and my life more than cash. That's just me though. I get where you're coming from.

I'm with Marko. Time off is infinitely more valuable to me than being at work. I minimize my purchases and sacrifice comforts to make sure I can afford not working more than my 40.

marko138 09-05-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 488424)
I'm with Marko. Time off is infinitely more valuable to me than being at work. I minimize my purchases and sacrifice comforts to make sure I can afford not working more than my 40.

I leave early nearly every Friday. I don't work a single weekend ever and never a holiday. I do get comp time on the occasional stint that we work past 5pm.

My job often sucks as far as subject goes. I mean I do shoot video of politicians but I took the job because of what I wrote above. I gotta live my life.

Mr Lefty 09-05-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 488424)

and yet you still own a home, have a paid off bike, just bought a new truck, wife has a newer car...

you make good money. it makes it easy to not work overtime when your base pay is nice, and it's easy to say that when you're time off isn't tainted with the stress of being in debt.

I know that a lot of it is personal responsibility with your credit, and my debit is my own fault. but trust me no one values their off time more than I do, I just have to pay this debt off so that I can afford to enjoy it.