Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

Trip 05-24-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 472110)
At least you're not totally cold blooded.

yeah, tommy's the enforcer

the chi 05-24-2011 02:04 PM

Has anyone given any thought to where our country is going judging by the current crop of young people?

Every day I deal with a truck load of college students, who's mommies and daddies still pay for everything, do all their thinking for them and make all their phone calls. These 20 somethings can't tell me where they live or what their social security is and the list goes on. (They have to call their roommate, try to tell me they live in a PO Box or call mommy to tell them what they should know themselves.)

And every day I shudder to think that if these idiots are where our country is now, lord help us all when they need to have jobs and actually be a productive member of society.

marko138 05-24-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 472154)
Has anyone given any thought to where our country is going judging by the current crop of young people?

Every day I deal with a truck load of college students, who's mommies and daddies still pay for everything, do all their thinking for them and make all their phone calls. These 20 somethings can't tell me where they live or what their social security is and the list goes on. (They have to call their roommate, try to tell me they live in a PO Box or call mommy to tell them what they should know themselves.)

And every day I shudder to think that if these idiots are where our country is now, lord help us all when they need to have jobs and actually be a productive member of society.

We're doomed.

Gas Man 05-25-2011 03:53 AM

No we are fucked. We are waiting for the reach around but it will never come.

derf 05-25-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 472154)

Thanks for that explosive expose on what has been wrong with the country for the last eleventy billion years.

Yeh kids today are dumb, no common sense. Dont worry we were dumb too, with no common sense. Our parents were dumb too with no common sense, same goes for our grand parents. I wouldnt worry too much about them. It the 40 somethings that are dumb as a rock that scare me

the chi 05-25-2011 08:55 AM

Yeah but when you were 18 or older were Mommy and Daddy still paying all your bills while you sat around and got fat/high/arrested for stupidity? Were they still making all your phone calls, all your decisions while you didn't know your own address, social security or phone number?

At 12 I had a full time job and paid for everything I wanted except food at the parents table. At 16 I bought my own cell phone, with my own money, paid all my minimal bills and paid rent to my parents and drove a $500 car thats the one thing my parents ever actually bought for me. When I was 18 I had 2 full time jobs, bought my own car, knew where I lived, my SS, all the phone numbers for emergencies, etc. I was also able to hold a telephone call that didnt consist of "uh, uh i dunno" as well as hold polite social conversation in person. At 19 I bought my first house.

I mean really. I may have been an overachiever, but at the ripe old age of 18 (or OLDER), when you are living on your own, albeit in the apartment your parents pay for and using the free bmw they gave you, as a college student should you not be able to do simple things on your own? How do these morons even get into college or sign up for classes?!?

azoomm 05-25-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 472346)
Yeah but when you were 18 or older were Mommy and Daddy still paying all your bills while you sat around and got fat/high/arrested for stupidity? Were they still making all your phone calls, all your decisions while you didn't know your own address, social security or phone number?

At 12 I had a full time job and paid for everything I wanted except food at the parents table. At 16 I bought my own cell phone, with my own money, paid all my minimal bills and paid rent to my parents and drove a $500 car thats the one thing my parents ever actually bought for me. When I was 18 I had 2 full time jobs, bought my own car, knew where I lived, my SS, all the phone numbers for emergencies, etc. I was also able to hold a telephone call that didnt consist of "uh, uh i dunno" as well as hold polite social conversation in person. At 19 I bought my first house.

I mean really. I may have been an overachiever, but at the ripe old age of 18 (or OLDER), when you are living on your own, albeit in the apartment your parents pay for and using the free bmw they gave you, as a college student should you not be able to do simple things on your own? How do these morons even get into college or sign up for classes?!?

The point is, YOU might have been ambitious. But, in "our day" there were plenty of mouth-breathers.

My daughter just did a project where she had to interview different people that grew up in different decades. "Teenager in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s" and the last question was "How is your generation different than those that came after you?" The answer was generally the same for each :lol:

the chi 05-25-2011 10:03 AM

Thats just sad. I know we all have dumb ppl in our generations, but I swear, EVERY SINGLE ONE I get in my office, be it for setting up utilities, probation, citations, etc, not a single one of them has the reasoning or intellectual power god gave a hamster. Had a new one last night, didnt know where she was born. *face plam*

the chi 05-25-2011 10:03 AM

Thats just sad. I know we all have dumb ppl in our generations, but I swear, EVERY SINGLE ONE I get in my office, be it for setting up utilities, probation, citations, etc, not a single one of them has the reasoning or intellectual power god gave a hamster. Had a new one last night, didnt know where she was born. *face plam*

azoomm 05-25-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 472365)

That's because the others can get shit done without making it to your office...