Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Deals gap is open, 7/9/10 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13826)

Trip 03-21-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 351551)
I passed the info along to a local forum (the group I'm going down with) and none of them believe me and said they read on a website it'll be cleaned up by Sunday. :lmao: :screwy:

TDOT is getting hammered with calls and emails about it, they are trying to get it opened quicker, but it won't be cleaned up by sunday. They are still getting bids on it and they can't blast because Alcoa won't let them with the flood control dams.

If they are getting it from tailofthdragon.com, don't ever listen to that douchebag.

Amber Lamps 03-21-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 351267)
Why does it take so long to clean it up?

There's a severe Mexican shortage in Tennessee....:lol:

Trip 03-21-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 351565)
There's a severe Mexican shortage in Tennessee....:lol:

No we have plenty of those, our road crews do things right, and when you do things right it takes a really long fucking time instead of when you take shortcuts and fuck things up.

Look at how nice the pavement is on the gap. Most of our state roads are in that good of a condition.

CrazyKell 03-21-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 351563)
Oh well, I guess you'll just have to come ride with us in June then....:rockwoot: Bring your bikini...pool and hot tub...:boobs:

No rally for me this year. Too far. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 351564)
TDOT is getting hammered with calls and emails about it, they are trying to get it opened quicker, but it won't be cleaned up by sunday. They are still getting bids on it and they can't blast because Alcoa won't let them with the flood control dams.

If they are getting it from tailofthdragon.com, don't ever listen to that douchebag.

Ya that's where they're getting it from. Doesn't matter to me. Plenty of other great roads down there and I plan on doing a lot more exploring this year.

Hey Trip...know of a good "waterfall" route? I want to see some waterfalls!

Trip 03-21-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 351580)
Hey Trip...know of a good "waterfall" route? I want to see some waterfalls!

yes I do, I will send you my advice

CrazyKell 03-21-2010 12:27 PM

Awesome thanks! Last year I got railroaded into just following the group because I really didn't know where to go or what to do.

This year I plan on doing BlueRidge for a day and a day of waterfall sight seeing.

derf 03-21-2010 01:20 PM

I got a really dumb question.

What really is the difference between blasting and a natural rock slide? Rocks can still get in the water.

Phenix_Rider 03-21-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 351599)
I got a really dumb question.

What really is the difference between blasting and a natural rock slide? Rocks can still get in the water.

Shock waves from blasting travel through bedrock.

marko138 03-21-2010 08:19 PM

In PA the Guv gives no-bid contracts to his buddies who fuck the work up.

'73 H1 Triple 03-21-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 351714)
In PA the Guv gives no-bid contracts to his buddies who fuck the work up at a much higher cost.

Editted for the sorry truth