Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What cars have you recently rented? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4238)

Homeslice 03-14-2013 02:47 AM

C-Max? Never heard of it till now. Looks like a Honda Fit ripoff.

pauldun170 03-14-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 527415)

Its been sold in Europe for years and they are just bringing it over with a hybrid drivetrain.

I'd rather a Mazda5 (if I were in the market for that class of car)

Gas Man 03-14-2013 10:33 PM

c-max is basically an over sized fiesta...

goof2 03-15-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Its been a while since I've been in a Fit, but the C-Max was noticeably bigger than what I remember the Fit being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 527421)
Its been sold in Europe for years and they are just bringing it over with a hybrid drivetrain.

I'd rather a Mazda5 (if I were in the market for that class of car)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 527444)
c-max is basically an over sized fiesta...

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the C-Max was great. Its just a hell of a lot better than the Prius. I think this kind of car is a bit silly and overpriced. I have no interest in either as my personal car.

Gas Man 03-17-2013 12:11 PM

Saying a car is better than prius isn't really a compliment.

Homeslice 03-17-2013 12:28 PM

Yeah the only hybrid I'd buy would be a Volt

Cutty72 03-17-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

My FIL works at a Ford dealership and recently gave me his card. All the models sold new are listed on it, and I saw the C-max, and asked what it was.
He laughed and said "the biggest piece of shit Ford has ever made".
Granted, he is an anti-technology and anti-small car guy, so that doesn't help.

goof2 03-18-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 527479)
My FIL works at a Ford dealership and recently gave me his card. All the models sold new are listed on it, and I saw the C-max, and asked what it was.
He laughed and said "the biggest piece of shit Ford has ever made".
Granted, he is an anti-technology and anti-small car guy, so that doesn't help.

Your FIL is really selling Ford short, they have made WAY bigger pieces of shit than the C-Max. The previous generation Focus practically leaps to mind. I know some on here have had them and maybe the consumer versions are better, but the one I had as a rental for 6 weeks was pretty bad. In particular the NVH issues made it a miserable experience.

Cutty72 03-18-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 527496)
Your FIL is really selling Ford short, they have made WAY bigger pieces of shit than the C-Max. The previous generation Focus practically leaps to mind. I know some on here have had them and maybe the consumer versions are better, but the one I had as a rental for 6 weeks was pretty bad. In particular the NVH issues made it a miserable experience.

He just started there about 3 months ago, so experience is limited. :lol:

Homeslice 03-18-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 527496)

The current Focus is awesome for its price range. Great steering, handling & interior for its class. But yes, the Focus before it was crap.