Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

defector 06-01-2010 10:17 AM

Confirmed: broken right pinky, fractured left elbow, puncture wound and heavy road rash to left forearm. Light road rash left shoulder and rib cage (very light abrasion from the gear). Light rash to right forearm (again from the gear). Both palms heavy rash (lots of missing skin from where the gloves look like they melted).
Thankfully no damage to the noggin, but my helmet got some pretty good scrapes.

ontwo 06-01-2010 10:19 AM

Ouch. Good luck with the healin

marko138 06-01-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 378274)
Confirmed: broken right pinky, fractured left elbow, puncture wound and heavy road rash to left forearm. Light road rash left shoulder and rib cage (very light abrasion from the gear). Light rash to right forearm (again from the gear). Both palms heavy rash (lots of missing skin from where the gloves look like they melted).
Thankfully no damage to the noggin, but my helmet got some pretty good scrapes.

WTF happened?

azoomm 06-01-2010 10:26 AM

Oh shit, man! Heal quickly and completely!

defector 06-01-2010 10:32 AM

Put simply, I crashed wearing improper gear.
I have separate gear for all the riding I normally do. I have a 2 peice suit for the street, a 1 piece for the track, a 1 piece for the pocketbikes/supermoto, and dirtbike gear.
Since my son had friends over, we started handing my gear out to them to use. When it came to me all that was left was the dirtbike gear. When I went down, it didn't hold up well for the speed I was going on asphalt. (It is kinda old).
Stupid decision on my part, and I am paying for it now. Lesson learned.
ER's suck (no offense to any Dr's they did a great job), morphine sucks, Vicodin sucks, and damn near crying every time I shower sucks.

dReWpY 06-01-2010 06:05 PM

That sux

t-homo 06-01-2010 06:31 PM

Disagree on morphine. lol Sorry to hear about that man. Hope you heal quickly.

defector 06-01-2010 08:32 PM

All morphine did was make me cold and sleepy. Is that what is supposed to do?

Phenix_Rider 06-01-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 378478)
All morphine did was make me cold and sleepy. Is that what is supposed to do?

That, and make you relive the civil war. Apparently, my grandfather (when he broke his back) and his roommate had quite a conversation about several battles as though they had seen them in person. He was only 82 when he passed two years back.

Phenix_Rider 06-01-2010 09:02 PM

On a brighter note, I found a good place to work out. Everything is fucking expensive in this city, but they're willing to work with me and it feels a lot like my old school.