Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

zed 02-24-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 170322)
:yawn: I'm trying to wake up so I can get ready for a job interview. :)

good luck.

I filled out an app for a gov job yesterday. forklift operator in an ASP. I may even get to get a CDL if I get the job. took me biggest part of 2 hours online to work my way through it. I'm prior service so hopefully that will help some.

rogue 02-24-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 170323)
Good luck on your interview!

Thanks! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 170325)
good luck.

I filled out an app for a gov job yesterday. forklift operator in an ASP. I may even get to get a CDL if I get the job. took me biggest part of 2 hours online to work my way through it. I'm prior service so hopefully that will help some.

I did a couple of really long applications like that. The interview I have today I sent them my resume as well as put in a long ass application online. When I completed that application, it didn't take them long to send an email requesting an interview and for me to confirm it.

Good luck on yours! I'll be taking the civil service test Saturday for a couple of state jobs I applied for. :D

marko138 02-24-2009 01:54 PM

Just found out my buddy was paralized. Rough news.

t-homo 02-24-2009 02:15 PM

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Was he in an accident?

marko138 02-24-2009 02:38 PM

Fell down the steps. Tore his spinal cord. Must have been one hell of a fall.

njchopper87 02-24-2009 02:55 PM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Just by falling down the stairs huh.. just freaks me out thinking about that. It's one of those things that people laugh about all the time, but it just slips the mind how serious an injury could be as a result.

rogue 02-24-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 170418)
Just found out my buddy was paralized. Rough news.

Damn, dude. I'm sorry to hear that. :( He and his family are in my thoughts.

Ducati Diva 02-24-2009 05:39 PM

Damn Marko.:panic: I'm so sorry to hear that. Let's us know if they need anything or if there's going to be a fund to make house accommodations.

zed 02-24-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 170332)
Good luck on yours! I'll be taking the civil service test Saturday for a couple of state jobs I applied for. :D

thanks and good luck on the test.

so, how did it go?

sorry to hear that Marko.

t-homo 02-24-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 170454)
Fell down the steps. Tore his spinal cord. Must have been one hell of a fall.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope he and his family will be alright as far as housing and whatnot goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchopper87 (Post 170471)
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Just by falling down the stairs huh.. just freaks me out thinking about that. It's one of those things that people laugh about all the time, but it just slips the mind how serious an injury could be as a result.

Its amazing how a task like walking up and down the steps can make a dramatic difference in your life.