Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What cars have you recently rented? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4238)

Particle Man 06-04-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 473894)
They gave me Malibu as my rental when my Xterra was totalled (or was it an Impala?) I don't remember because it was so boring and plain and uninspiring. It moved when I stepped on the gas but other than that, nothing about the car made an impression on me. No strong feelings about it in either direction.

I've had 7 as rentals. I haven't written about 'em because they are so boring.

Had a Kia Sorento ('11) last week in Chicago. It was pretty nice. Good ride, decent power, lots of room. Steering was kinda wooden but not too bad. I think that will be my next vehicle when my Optima dies.

Homeslice 06-04-2011 12:38 PM

Actually you need a new Optima. That car turns heads, it looks great and you can get the turbo.

Particle Man 06-05-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 474120)
Actually you need a new Optima. That car turns heads, it looks great and you can get the turbo.

I want AWD and more cargo space and the ability to tow a snowmobile trailer.

Homeslice 07-02-2011 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 406622)
I guess you have never drove a VW, Audi or most german cars before because that is how the headlight switch is on most or all.

:skep: My sister's 99 Audi A4 has its headlight switch on a separate stalk, as it should be.

BTW, massive ownage on the Impala. The average sales price is thousands less than MSRP:

Corey 07-02-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 479424)

BTW, massive ownage on the Impala. The average sales price is thousands less than MSRP:

Strange, I don't recall seeing any Impala cop cars around here. Plenty of Crown Vics, a pretty sizeable number of Dodge Chargers, and a handful of Explorers and the smaller Ford SUV thingy (forgot the name), but no Impalas.

101lifts2 07-02-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 479426)
Strange, I don't recall seeing any Impala cop cars around here. Plenty of Crown Vics, a pretty sizeable number of Dodge Chargers, and a handful of Explorers and the smaller Ford SUV thingy (forgot the name), but no Impalas.

I see a number of Impalas, but I think the Crown Vics are a much better choice.

EtyrnuSS 07-02-2011 01:12 PM

I used to work for a rental car company. Driven just about everything they carried up to 2010. One thing from personal experience, VWs suck in a rental fleet. Have to have specialized tools, which most companies don't have, oil filters are a pain to get to, lug bolts instead of lug nuts make for an unpleasant surprise the first time you take a tire off one.

Impalas are decent, and pretty reliable. Hyundais and Kias are both pretty good, especially newer ones.

And to the people bashing the Cobalt, as an SS/SC driver, :gofurslf:

fasternyou929 07-02-2011 03:38 PM

Rented a brand new (had 37 miles on it) Dodge Durango for the trip to PA to pick up a car for the wife. It was a nice ride, even in rental car trim. And the ability to control music from your cell phone when streaming over bluetooth was a nice touch.

Solid ride, very quiet (no idea how I made it there without a performance award) and nice feedback from the road. One of the first domestics I have been a fan of in a very long time.

Particle Man 07-02-2011 10:31 PM

Nissan Cube. More to come but: who the fuck thought this thing was a good idea?

Corey 07-03-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 479489)
Nissan Cube. More to come but: who the fuck thought this thing was a good idea?

http://images.wikia.com/tig/images/8/82/Minecraft.jpg

Yo.