Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

t-homo 02-22-2009 07:45 PM

What's up zed? I'm from down in Springfield, MO.

rogue 02-22-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 169443)
I've never gotten a slip so don't know what you are talking about. they had a piece of paper for me to sign saying that I had been explained why I was fired. it didn't say why I was, just that it had been explained to me.

there is only a 1 week waiting period here and it starts when you file not (like MO) when you were let go.

I've sent out several resume's and gone and filled out 1 app. for a state job doing floors in a mental hospital. much less responsibility than the job I just left and damn near the same money.

funny how most jobs listed don't want you to come see them in person unless they call you. they want you to send them a resume and that's it. no physical address in the add for you to even go pester them for a job.

I have found some listings for up to $18/hr though in manufacturing which is more than I was making.

This company typically gives you a pink slip, as they call it, if they fire you. You usually get it with your last check, but I didn't it. :idk:

Yeah, I've noticed most jobs, even in the newspaper, don't give you an address to go pester...sometimes a phone number, but oftentimes they want a resume faxed or emailed or tell you to go to their website and apply online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 169446)
I'm the same way but I'm in my 40's and don't have it under control. actually that was what broke the camels back for me. who would have known that not getting along with one person enough that you didn't want to share a room with him on the company sponsored roadtrip would end up in getting fired.

I don't quite have mine under control. I'm getting better at it, but still not quite there yet. :lol:

zed 02-22-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 169447)
What's up zed? I'm from down in Springfield, MO.

with the same name on SWMO?

I'm zedx there.

I used to live in Mexico, many years ago. worked at Spartan Light Metals.

my avatar picture was taken at OIR.

Dnyce 02-22-2009 10:40 PM

sonuvabitch!

busy all week, left bike at chicks house, went to go ride today, and CRUNCH!

forgot the fuckin disc lock.

busted up brand new oem fender-replaced the original when i got the bike cuz prev owner cut it for a moto gp look. retarded. fuck.

had a few scratches when i got it, some chick added a lil character to it with her car when she parked next to me.

think this was the straw that broke the camels back. mite as well tear it down, paint it, change the oil, clean up the head, add a full exhaust and engine ice, new tires, and maybe hid. and sell whatevers left over :lol:

t-homo 02-22-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 169459)
with the same name on SWMO?

I'm zedx there.

I used to live in Mexico, many years ago. worked at Spartan Light Metals.

my avatar picture was taken at OIR.

Yeup. Same guy. I wondered when I saw the intro thread here, but didn't bother clicking on it. I lived in Mexico from the time I was 10-18. Lived in rolla for a year, now going to MSU.

t-homo 02-22-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 169508)
sonuvabitch!

busy all week, left bike at chicks house, went to go ride today, and CRUNCH!

forgot the fuckin disc lock.

busted up brand new oem fender-replaced the original when i got the bike cuz prev owner cut it for a moto gp look. retarded. fuck.

had a few scratches when i got it, some chick added a lil character to it with her car when she parked next to me.

think this was the straw that broke the camels back. mite as well tear it down, paint it, change the oil, clean up the head, add a full exhaust and engine ice, new tires, and maybe hid. and sell whatevers left over :lol:

damn man. sorry to hear that. I was always worried that would happen to me if i used a disk lock.

Cutty72 02-22-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 168710)
cool

Hope the trip went good today.

Ever find your hat?

zed 02-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 169509)
Yeup. Same guy. I wondered when I saw the intro thread here, but didn't bother clicking on it. I lived in Mexico from the time I was 10-18. Lived in rolla for a year, now going to MSU.

some good guys to ride with down there. great roads too. Pete954 can take you on some good ones and don't let his age fool you.

t-homo 02-23-2009 12:24 AM

Actually went out and had coffee with him and a few others tonight. Great guy.

Dnyce 02-23-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 169510)
damn man. sorry to hear that. I was always worried that would happen to me if i used a disk lock.

been using one for 9 yrs, first time i ever did it. had a otherwise kickass weekend too. dammit.