Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

RACER X 06-13-2013 09:10 PM

almost ordered 22 online, $30 for 500rds , limit 1, decent price, $15 shipping ....... not so great now

nhgunnut 06-15-2013 11:35 AM

Ok so I wnet down to one of the Distributors with a friend who owns a shop this week . I wasn't going to get anything just kill a a couple of hour which I couldn't ride in because of the endless rain.
By the time I got there I had Decided on the MTAC Fast Fire Combo which I put on my FS2000 and because I had been thinking, perhaps obsessing about one of these I grabbed a MK22. This is the latest generation, and reportedly they have resolved the cracking stock and light primer strike issues.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps312f3e35.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psea1344f8.jpg
So now I have a Tacticool 22 that may inspire me to drop the cash for a SCAR

Twobanger 06-15-2013 12:48 PM

Nice. Let us know how it runs. I keep hounding the guys at Academy about getting in a SCAR to go with the FDE .22 they have on the shelf. If I weren't so invested in S&W 15-22s I'd pick one up.

RACER X 06-17-2013 05:29 AM

500+ rds wasn't enough, she wanted to stay longer

http://i42.tinypic.com/r9ho3o.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/ehhq3q.jpg

5yds

man that gun is fun! going to get a collapsible stock and it'll be perfect for everyone. too bad no co. makes one, so people on the ruger forum are making them for 1/2 the price of the gun :-/

CasterTroy 06-17-2013 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome Ed. She rocks :rockwoot:

Took the boy to the 100 yrd range yesterday. He can keep a 2 MOA with the (stock ) 15/22 (with 4-16 scope) without taking time to shoot between breaths (i.e. just shooting a shot every 2 seconds or so)

But my buddy travis can do sub-MOA @ 100yrds with his bull barrelled 10/22

I'm jealous.

I got to tune the AR pistol and the new 16" PSA standard AR. I let the boy shoot the pistol @25 yards with some M855. Needless to say on that AR500 steel target, the M855 made an impact that sent bursts of stars and sparks all over the place :lol: One impact had a grapefruit sized ball of sun at impact that was quite spectacular. It actually created small craters where it hit :tremble: But I had to be certain the pistol would feed it without any issues. It passed :rockwoot: but it won't feed steel cased Wolf ammo at ALL... Any help with that nhgunnut? Phase 5 pistol tube and spring, so the springs set up for pistol action.

RACER X 06-18-2013 06:55 AM

figured out my next gun

Ruger Gunsite Scout

CasterTroy 06-18-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 530187)
figured out my next gun

Ruger Gunsite Scout

Mossberg is suppose to release the 308 version of the 5.56 MVP series this summer. I'm interested to see it. The current MVP series takes standard AR mags. Since the 5.56 version takes standard AR mags, that makes for a great bugout companion gun to a short barrel AR in a bugout application. If the 308 version takes AR10A mags, then that would be an awesome bugout companion for someone with a AR chambered in 308 :rockwoot:

nhgunnut 06-18-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 530163)
Awesome Ed. She rocks :rockwoot:

Took the boy to the 100 yrd range yesterday. He can keep a 2 MOA with the (stock ) 15/22 (with 4-16 scope) without taking time to shoot between breaths (i.e. just shooting a shot every 2 seconds or so)

But my buddy travis can do sub-MOA @ 100yrds with his bull barrelled 10/22

I'm jealous.

I got to tune the AR pistol and the new 16" PSA standard AR. I let the boy shoot the pistol @25 yards with some M855. Needless to say on that AR500 steel target, the M855 made an impact that sent bursts of stars and sparks all over the place :lol: One impact had a grapefruit sized ball of sun at impact that was quite spectacular. It actually created small craters where it hit :tremble: But I had to be certain the pistol would feed it without any issues. It passed :rockwoot: but it won't feed steel cased Wolf ammo at ALL... Any help with that nhgunnut? Phase 5 pistol tube and spring, so the springs set up for pistol action.

I haven't played with AR Pistols that much, but the geometry of the round is the same between manufactures . You don't mention what the pistol is doing but My guess is short stroking. The round fires but either doesn't eject or more likely doesn't feed the the next round reliably. The first question is how badly do you want to run cheap ammo? You culprit is most likely that wolf and (most of the Russian 223 rounds ) are loaded weaker than their western counterparts. Options in order of what I would try.
1 Decrease the Buffer Weight. ( you can buy a lighter buffer or do what I would do and knock the role pin out of the buffer, remove weight and fill the space with something light weight)
2 Try a lighter spring (or cut a coil) The caution to both of these fixes would be increased perception of recoil with the hotter US rounds. And if you see signs of over gassing like the bolt no locking back or damage to the case head you have gone to far.
These first 2 fixes can easily be undone with simple parts swaps and if you find a setup that works , you are free to keep 2 springs and 2 buffers that work with the ammo of the day. This last one is a all or nothing.
3 Last and I don't recommend it unless you have a spare barrel , is to take the barrel it to someone skilled and open the gas port slightly. I would really hesitate before I did that
Hope it helps

nhgunnut 06-18-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 530188)
Mossberg is suppose to release the 308 version of the 5.56 MVP series this summer. I'm interested to see it. The current MVP series takes standard AR mags. Since the 5.56 version takes standard AR mags, that makes for a great bugout companion gun to a short barrel AR in a bugout application. If the 308 version takes AR10A mags, then that would be an awesome bugout companion for someone with a AR chambered in 308 :rockwoot:

The 223 MVP cries out for a 300blk barrel with a can!

CasterTroy 06-18-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 530189)
You don't mention what the pistol is doing but My guess is short stroking.

Yep...Short stroking. Ejects the spent cartrige but won't pull back far enough to cycle the next round.

After spending several hours on AR15.com it seems the wolf ammo does this to several new rifles. Big culprit was new buffer springs. Since everything but the upper (shell) is new on this pistol build, I really need to fire at least 500 rounds of nothing but good brass thru it to break it in before attempting the cheap wolf again.

Surprising, since the new PSA 16" ate it like candy :skep: but whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 530190)
The 223 MVP cries out for a 300blk barrel with a can!

One would HOPE that since the 308 version is due in the summer sometime, a 300blk would be in the works :rockwoot: and I agree.

nhgunnut 06-18-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 530191)
Yep...Short stroking. Ejects the spent cartrige but won't pull back far enough to cycle the next round.

After spending several hours on AR15.com it seems the wolf ammo does this to several new rifles. Big culprit was new buffer springs. Since everything but the upper (shell) is new on this pistol build, I really need to fire at least 500 rounds of nothing but good brass thru it to break it in before attempting the cheap wolf again.

Surprising, since the new PSA 16" ate it like candy :skep: but whatever.

One would HOPE that since the 308 version is due in the summer sometime, a 300blk would be in the works :rockwoot: and I agree.

I was surprised a few years ago when I won a case of wolf 223 that everything I have ran it well, but you make a good point the 223's that I had all had at least 1k through them when I won it.

CasterTroy 06-21-2013 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At some point i have to stop :tremble:

But this deal was too good to pass up.

Arrived today

'73 H1 Triple 06-22-2013 10:07 AM

Got some goodies to bring back the L1A1 from when the "angry beavers" at Century Arms altered it to fit the assualt weapons ban.

Wood stock and US made pistol grip, wood forearms & US gas piston
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...c/DSC00210.jpg

Bolt on US made flash hider
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...c402321169.jpg

Made in the US mag floor plates
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...1/DSC00216.jpg

Rangerscott 06-24-2013 10:50 PM

Ruger 556E - $999

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/store/i...ducts_id=23330

RACER X 06-25-2013 06:39 AM

gun prices are down, and as are most bullets, 22 and 9 are still hard to come by

sold the first takedown, ordered another w the flash supr., should br here fri
bought 1000rds 22 for $60
custom stock for takedown should be here this week
talking to a guy about an M&P 9c for 400ish w 200rds wwb and a box of hollow points, ammo alone is worth $50+, supposedly 2 mos old never fired

Turbo Ghost 06-25-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 530322)
bought 1000rds 22 for $60

What brand and where please?

RACER X 06-25-2013 09:26 AM

off of local board, problem w online is shipping and max orders of 1-2 boxes, just doesn't make sense

seen more and more 22. avail, just max orders are like 5 on 50rd boxes

Turbo Ghost 06-25-2013 10:48 AM

I'd like to find a box of minimags and a few boxes of blazer or federal bulk.

Rangerscott 06-25-2013 01:24 PM

Theres still dudes linibg up at walmarts.

Twobanger 06-25-2013 04:26 PM

The 9c is a good deal. How many magazines does it come with?

The kids go to their mom's house for a month next week. I bought a lot of ammo from the day after Election Day until Sandy Hook happened so I've been able to sit out the panic for the most part, but next month its time to try and stock up again.

'73 H1 Triple 06-25-2013 05:35 PM

Upgrade :rockwoot:
The century arms receiver needs a little bit of work so I decided to upgrade to a much higher quality reciever, an Imbel which is forged. Purchased one on GB last night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...x729872692.jpg

I also picked up some goodies for the sporter to bring that back to it's former glory.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...c/DSC00210.jpg
wooden stock, US made pistol grip, US made gas piston, wooden forearms
plus US made mag floor plates. ( need 7 US made parts due to 922r )

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 529653)
I'll start this build in about a month 7.62 x 51 NATO / .308 WIN caliber
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...1/DSC00165.jpg

British L1A1 parts kit I purchased back in the mid 90 for $99 ( they're going for $500 - $700+ right now) plus a receiver I purchased.

Here's what they look like assembled
http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...w-chittock.jpg

I also have a "sporterized" L1A1 purchased around the same time as the kit which I found out I can legally convert back to original specs by replacing 7 of 17 parts wityh US made parts.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...f36e6d3290.jpg

The sporter has a thumbhole stock plus the flash hider cut off ( "angry beavers" according to the FALfiles forum)

RACER X 06-26-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 530341)

2 mags, case,receipts backstraps, only 100rds pliinking, 55 rds def ammo, mtac holster getting firm on $450

I wish it had a thumb safety is all....

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the jobBefore the call that changed Sergeant Timothy Gramins’ life forever, he typically carried 47 rounds of handgun ammunition on his person while on dutyinShare5Before the call that changed Sergeant Timothy Gramins’ life forever, he typically carried 47 rounds of handgun ammunition on his person while on duty.Today, he carries 145, “every day, without fail.”He detailed the gunfight that caused the difference in a gripping presentation at the annual conference of the Assn. of SWAT Personnel-Wisconsin.Expert AnalysisLessons learned from facing an “invincible” assailantAt the core of his desperate firefight was a murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations.The most threatening encounter in Gramins’ nearly two-decade career with the Skokie (Ill.) PD north of Chicago came on a lazy August afternoon prior to his promotion to sergeant, on his first day back from a family vacation. He was about to take a quick break from his patrol circuit to buy a Star Wars game at a shopping center for his son’s eighth birthday.An alert flashed out that a male black driving a two-door white car had robbed a bank at gunpoint in another suburb 11 miles north and had fled in an unknown direction. Gramins was only six blocks from a major expressway that was the most logical escape route into the city.Unknown at the time, the suspect, a 37-year-old alleged Gangster Disciple, had vowed that he would kill a police officer if he got stopped.“I’ve got a horseshoe up my ass when it comes to catching suspects,” Gramins laughs. He radioed that he was joining other officers on the busy expressway lanes to scout traffic.He was scarcely up to highway speed when he spotted a lone male black driver in a white Pontiac Bonneville and pulled alongside him. “He gave me ‘the Look,’ that oh-crap-there’s-the-police look, and I knew he was the guy,” Gramins said.Gramins dropped behind him. Then in a sudden, last-minute move the suspect accelerated sharply and swerved across three lanes of traffic to roar up an exit ramp. “I’ve got one running!” Gramins radioed.The next thing he knew, bullets were flying. “That was four years ago,” Gramins said. “Yet it could be ten seconds ago.”With Gramins following close behind, siren blaring and lights flashing, the Bonneville zigzagged through traffic and around corners into a quite pocket of single-family homes a few blocks from the exit. Then a few yards from where a 10-year-old boy was skateboarding on a driveway, the suspect abruptly squealed to a stop.“He bailed out and ran headlong at me with a 9 mm Smith in his hand while I was still in my car,” Gramins said.The gunman sank four rounds into the Crown Vic’s hood while Gramins was drawing his .45-cal. Glock 21.“I didn’t have time to think of backing up or even ramming him,” Gramins said. “I see the gun and I engage.”Gramins fired back through his windshield, sending a total of 13 rounds tearing through just three holes.A master firearms instructor and a sniper on his department’s Tactical Intervention Unit, “I was confident at least some of them were hitting him, but he wasn’t even close to slowing down,” Gramins said.The gunman shot his pistol dry trying to hit Gramins with rounds through his driver-side window, but except for spraying the officer’s face with glass, he narrowly missed and headed back to his car.Gramins, also empty, escaped his squad — “a coffin,” he calls it — and reloaded on his run to cover behind the passenger-side rear of the Bonneville.Now the robber, a lanky six-footer, was back in the fight with a .380 Bersa pistol he’d grabbed off his front seat. Rounds flew between the two as the gunman dashed toward the squad car.Again, Gamins shot dry and reloaded.“I thought I was hitting him, but with shots going through his clothing it was hard to tell for sure. This much was certain: he kept moving and kept shooting, trying his damnedest to kill me.”In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…“in time,” Gramins emphasizes.But time for Gramins, like the stack of bullets in his third magazine, was fast running out.In his trunk was an AR-15; in an overhead rack inside the squad, a Remington 870.But reaching either was impractical. Gramins did manage to get himself to a grassy spot near a tree on the curb side of his vehicle where he could prone out for a solid shooting platform.The suspect was in the street on the other side of the car. “I could see him by looking under the chassis,” Gramins recalls. “I tried a couple of ricochet rounds that didn’t connect. Then I told myself, ‘Hey, I need to slow down and aim better.’ ”When the suspect bent down to peer under the car, Gramins carefully established a sight picture, and squeezed off three controlled bursts in rapid succession.Each round slammed into the suspect’s head — one through each side of his mouth and one through the top of his skull into his brain. At long last the would-be cop killer crumpled to the pavement.The whole shootout had lasted 56 seconds, Gramins said. The assailant had fired 21 rounds from his two handguns. Inexplicably — but fortunately — he had not attempted to employ an SKS semi-automatic rifle that was lying on his front seat ready to go.Gramins had discharged 33 rounds. Four remained in his magazine.Two houses and a parked Mercedes in the vicinity had been struck by bullets, but with no casualties. The young skateboarder had run inside yelling at his dad to call 911 as soon as the battle started and also escaped injury. Despite the fusillade of lead sent his way, Gramins’ only damage besides glass cuts was a wound to his left shin. His dominant emotion throughout his brush with death, he recalls, was “feeling very alone, with no one to help me but myself.”Remarkably, the gunman was still showing vital signs when EMS arrived. Sheer determination, it seemed, kept him going, for no evidence of drugs or alcohol was found in his system.He was transported to a trauma center where Gramins also was taken. They shared an ER bay with only a curtain between them as medical personnel fought unsuccessfully to save the robber’s life.At one point Gramins heard a doctor exclaim, “We may as well stop. Every bag of blood we give him ends up on the floor. This guy’s like Swiss cheese. Why’d that cop have to shoot him so many times!”Gramins thought, “He just tried to kill me! Where’s that part of it?”When Gramins was released from the hospital, “I walked out of there a different person,” he said.“Being in a shooting changes you. Killing someone changes you even more.” As a devout Catholic, some of his changes involved a deepening spirituality and philosophical reflections, he said without elaborating.At least one alteration was emphatically practical.Before the shooting, Gramins routinely carried 47 rounds of handgun ammo on his person, including two extra magazines for his Glock 21 and 10 rounds loaded in a backup gun attached to his vest, a 9 mm Glock 26.Now unfailingly he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9 mm. These include three extra 17-round magazines for his primary sidearm (currently a Glock 17), plus two 33-round mags tucked in his vest, as well as the backup gun. Besides all that, he’s got 90 rounds for the AR-15 that now rides in a rack up front.Paranoia?Gramins shook his head and said “Preparation"

fak! sorry my phone doesn't do paragraphs, lol

RACER X 06-26-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 530341)

dude is down to $400 today, incl a holster+ammo+ all the gun stuff

Rangerscott 06-26-2013 03:44 PM

Anyone seen the new RIA 9mm pistol? Mapp 9mm.

RACER X 06-26-2013 07:42 PM

Own an m&p 9c now, gun is minty fresh, never fired, built 12/12

Incl 100 rds plinking
Close to 100 rds def ammo
Brand new holster , receipt from last month $100
Factory box
2 mags

Twobanger 06-26-2013 08:15 PM

Cool. I have one 9c, three full size, a .40 police trade in, a 9 Shield and a .22. They're great guns. The one I use for competition has thousands through it without a single malfunction.

RACER X 06-27-2013 08:30 AM

ah, it's the one w the mag safety and no thumb safety, I can work around the m ag safety, but the frame doesn't have the cutouts for a safety which wife really wants, so it's for sale, lol

came w that comp tac minotaur that troy likes, lol

Rangerscott 07-04-2013 09:16 PM

Its bang bang time tomorrow.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...703_234140.jpg

Rangerscott 07-05-2013 11:29 PM

Damb Im pisssed. All I heard was how great quality adam arms is and I still cant fire my 5.45 upper. First bolt wouldnt even allow me to manually cycle rounds. It would just jam and I had to heman the charge handle to get the round to eject.

They send me a new bolt and I can finally manually cycle the rounds. Get a chance to shoot it after waiting 7 months to get it from midway and even more to find time to shoot and the damn thing jams after firing. Got two rounds off and both times the bolt is jammed. First shot I was a tad hard to get out but tye second casing was a bitch to get out.

Damb Im pisssed. All I heard was how great quality blah blah. I still cant fire my 5.45 upper. First bolt wouldnt even allow me to cycle rounds. It would just jam and I had to heman the charge handle to get the round to eject.

They send me a new bolt and I can finally manually cycle the rounds. Get a chance to shoot it after waiting 7 months to get it from midway and even more to find time to shoot and the damn thing jams after firing. Got two rounds off and both times the bolt is jammed. First shot I was a tad hard to get out but tye second casing was a bitch to get out.

LeeNetworX 07-09-2013 02:38 PM

I'll just leave this here.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...pscc70a874.jpg

'73 H1 Triple 07-09-2013 08:27 PM

Just purchased a bullet puller that actually works great.

I was looking on ebay for a bullet puller and came across "Grip N Pull". I checked out the youtube video and it looked pretty slick. I purchased it and it actually works great. I pulled 40 bullets out of .223 cases, dumped the powder and was done in 15 minutes taking my time.

Here's a picture so you see the very fine marks it made on the bullet. You can just feel them with your fingernail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e.jpg~original

YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEk59YgcTw4

Turbo Ghost 07-10-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 530788)

I want one! :dribble:

RACER X 07-24-2013 09:14 PM

Bought D an XDS9, hope she likes it, lol

------------------
Mark kessler

This dude is a chief of police for a small town in PA

[video=youtube;_QQW0RswpQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQW0RswpQ4[/video]

[video=youtube;6dmhOpaRH7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhOpaRH7I[/video]

Nice toys

azoomm 07-26-2013 09:40 AM

A week ago, got a new Ruger 22/45

Yesterday ordered a threaded barrel and started the suppressor process. Giddy!

CasterTroy 07-26-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 531193)
A week ago, got a new Ruger 22/45

Yesterday ordered a threaded barrel and started the suppressor process. Giddy!

I'm about 7 months ahead of you on this EXACT thing (22/45 and urrthing) Just waiting on the stamp!
:rockwoot:

CasterTroy 07-26-2013 11:19 AM

Today only

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...plated-hp.html

Twobanger 07-26-2013 11:38 AM

Ouch.

CasterTroy 07-26-2013 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531198)
Ouch.

For some reason that takes you to a different product?!?!?

Anyway, click THIS LINK and scroll down till you see the $11.99 a box today only special

Looks like this

Twobanger 07-26-2013 01:41 PM

No. The link worked fine. That replaced some I bought for $6.99.

The cost of replacing whats been used in order to stay even on round count has .22 more expensive than the 5.45 surplus I have squirreled away. (119/1000 vs 115/1080)

Which supressor did you go with? I'm four months into waiting for a Silencerco Sparrow. I'm expecting to have to wait until January for the stamp to come in.

Twobanger 07-26-2013 01:53 PM

Aim has a preorder for .22 lr @ 9.98/100 or 598.75/6250

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...Box&groupid=18

CasterTroy 07-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531205)
No. The link worked fine. That replaced some I bought for $6.99.

I know :( and that's all I'm doing, is replenishing what I'm shooting so as to NOT drive into my "stash"

I figured I'd share for those still paying 20ยข a round

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531205)

Which supressor did you go with?

Thompson Machine ISIS-22, entry level, but I loved what I heard at the dealer. Phenomenal sound reduction on his 22/45. Subsonic on the rifle was impressive as well. Sounded like my old pump air rifle with just 3 pumps

Ordered it in the first part of March. And it came in May 22. I couldn't get down to the dealer till the first of June to sign paperwork and send off my trust so it'll be right before Christmas when my stamp comes.

But that gives me time to focus and save for my AAC 30 cal suppressor :rockwoot: I'm getting the quick mount one so I can slam it on all the 5.56's and the .308 AR's
Haven't decided if I want a dedicated 9mm can yet though

RACER X 07-26-2013 02:13 PM

picked up a 525 ct box on Monday at 5pm from academy, $22 rem golden bullets

they've had 50 & 100 boxes all the times I've been lately

Trip 07-26-2013 02:20 PM

wow, actually getting back to the realm of reasonable in stores. Surprising.

RACER X 07-26-2013 03:18 PM

yeah, they've been getting stuff in . still have 2 box per cal limit, and 1 box bulk.

I saw a pic at an academy w a plastic barrel w 5000rds of 223 for like $6250 a mos or so ago, lol

Rangerscott 08-02-2013 11:42 PM

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/M16

LOLZ!!!

RACER X 08-03-2013 08:32 AM

going to get membership to a private range today.

wooowooo

Twobanger 08-05-2013 01:55 PM

Well this sucks. The timeline for approval for NFA items is at a year now. 46,000 forms and only nine people to process them.

'73 H1 Triple 08-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531363)
Well this sucks. The timeline for approval for NFA items is at a year now. 46,000 forms and only nine people to process them.

Just a coincidence that the divider in chief is anti gun. Shit, Moochele has more folks attending her every need than folks processing paperwork for the law abiding citizens :gofurslf:

Twobanger 08-06-2013 07:47 PM

Still high but you can order more than one. I believe this has seven dollar flat rate shipping.

Trip 08-06-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531376)

Still high but you can order more than one. I believe this has seven dollar flat rate shipping.

Gunbot has been having good 22LR deals all the time for 6/7 cents a round. Seems like it is coming back pretty good.

RACER X 08-09-2013 08:31 AM

local sports store ( academy) has been been getting in tons of ammo even 22, but the 22 disappears the quickest

I bought 3x350rd boxes of 9mm blazer brass last week from gander, they had 10 left after I left

Rangerscott 08-09-2013 06:45 PM

Its stupid that people are still panic buying.

Twobanger 08-11-2013 06:07 PM

I don't think it's panic buyers and flippers anymore. Now its shooters looking to resupply after depleting stores.

I'm an M&P guy, but figured why not get a couple of Glocks and see what differences are for me. FDE 17 and OD 19.

http://i39.tinypic.com/30ivp13.jpg

CasterTroy 08-12-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531440)
I don't think it's panic buyers and flippers anymore. Now its shooters looking to resupply after depleting stores.

THIS.....plus the shooters that don't ever want to be in that position AGAIN

Nice glocks!

I use to be a die-hard glock fan...till I got my first XDm :rockwoot:

RACER X 08-12-2013 09:55 AM

" crazy " police chief from post 1533 has been suspended, lol

'73 H1 Triple 08-12-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 531446)
" crazy " police chief from post 1533 has been suspended, lol

He's not crazy, he speaks the truth. He got suspended for "unauthorized use of borough equipment".

Sounds like they were grasping at straws and that's the only bullshit they could get to stick.

Rangerscott 08-12-2013 10:23 PM

Nah. Walmart workers tell me its still dudes and their friends and their friends friends and family lining up buying everything.

CasterTroy 08-13-2013 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a Wilson Combat 20" bull barrel and FF forearm to complete a "Reach out and touch someone" build I've been working on for a few months now. Harris Bipod is en-route

CasterTroy 08-14-2013 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
never leave 2 AR's in the safe on the same side of the partition!

nhgunnut 08-15-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 531464)
Picked up a Wilson Combat 20" bull barrel and FF forearm to complete a "Reach out and touch someone" build I've been working on for a few months now. Harris Bipod is en-route

Looks sweet!

wildchild 08-15-2013 07:08 PM

around here Gander doesn't even have shelving for handgun ammo. they get it in on Wed at it's gone by that afternoon.

I picked up an XDs a couple weeks ago. was looking at the Glock G27 as an alternative but I love my Springfield XD 40.

I also picked up a 45 long colt derringer a few months ago.

I seem to be having better luck finding 45 and sometimes 40 ammo easier than other calibers.

RACER X 08-16-2013 07:56 AM

really, i picked up 3x350rds of blazer brass last wk from Gander, there were 10 more boxes n the shelf.

only thing here thats not avail is 22lr, i haven't looked in a wk.

on the ruger forum, somebody posted up a place w/ 1400rd buckets avail. no limits, so that dude bought 10 buckets, sigh......sold out now

got my membership card to a private range, woowooo

may take the kids today.

CasterTroy 08-19-2013 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I guess the "scare" is over......these things are becoming "cheap to build" again! :rockwoot:

OneSickPsycho 08-23-2013 11:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsQWGS-P9Pk

RACER X 08-23-2013 11:59 AM

yeah, need to check mine when I get home, prob have over 1000rds thru it

RACER X 08-27-2013 08:53 PM

Hmmm ruger is making a new bolt action 10/22, compact version also

called the ruger American 10/22

'73 H1 Triple 08-28-2013 06:42 PM

scope mount ????

I have a fixed carry handle ( A2 ) AR-15. Are those top mount scope mounts any good?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...F.jpg~original

RACER X 08-29-2013 05:40 AM

XDS's are being recalled now

CasterTroy 08-29-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 531610)

I learned in '84 with the Fiero to never buy the first run of ANYTHING

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 531601)
scope mount ????

I have a fixed carry handle ( A2 ) AR-15. Are those top mount scope mounts any good?

I see these at gun shows mounted on A2 style all the time

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...VsHn84UmsQ.jpg

But mainly for red dot.

If you want a true SCOPE (4x or better) I'd opt for a A3 upper. You can find them all day for right at $100

Mounting a SCOPE that high will effect your accuracy

'73 H1 Triple 08-29-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 531611)
I learned in '84 with the Fiero to never buy the first run of ANYTHING

I see these at gun shows mounted on A2 style all the time

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...VsHn84UmsQ.jpg

But mainly for red dot.

If you want a true SCOPE (4x or better) I'd opt for a A3 upper. You can find them all day for right at $100

Mounting a SCOPE that high will effect your accuracy

My AR is a DCM model Bushmaster that shoots great and I really don't want to mess with it.

I purchased that exact mount and a set of low quick detach mounts last night.

If it doesn't work as well as it should, then I'll look into a A3 upper.

Thanks

CasterTroy 09-03-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 531616)
My AR is a DCM model Bushmaster that shoots great and I really don't want to mess with it.

A different upper won't change the characteristics of it. AND, you'll have the original upper, so there won't be any issues with value or keeping the gun original down the road for resale.

If you can't get no satisfaction from that mount just grab one of these or one of these (when they get more) and cruise :rockwoot:

My local gun shop had a GREAT labor day sale on 5.56 X-tac brass PMC for $7.49 a box so I nabbed 1000 rounds for under $400 including tax :rockwoot: NOW we can go plinking again

wildchild 09-03-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 531610)

any idea why? I know previous versions had a problem closing with the mag in or something. Mine is working flawlessly as is my friends.

CasterTroy 09-04-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 531649)
any idea why?

Accidental discharge upon initial slide release

'73 H1 Triple 09-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 531645)
A different upper won't change the characteristics of it. AND, you'll have the original upper, so there won't be any issues with value or keeping the gun original down the road for resale.

If you can't get no satisfaction from that mount just grab one of these or one of these (when they get more) and cruise :rockwoot:

My local gun shop had a GREAT labor day sale on 5.56 X-tac brass PMC for $7.49 a box so I nabbed 1000 rounds for under $400 including tax :rockwoot: NOW we can go plinking again

Picked up seven 30 round AR mags ( Brownell ) for $70 this afternoon :rockwoot:

wildchild 09-06-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 531657)
Accidental discharge upon initial slide release

Hmm that i might have to look into. The only thing
I've noticed is you have to let it "slam" home
initially or it won't close completely. I think
this was more from being new as it's not
been a problem since the first day.
When i got it I was deciding between
Springfield sub-compact 40 Glock G27 or
this. I do like it a lot but think the other
two would have been great also. Worst
part is not finding a good holdter for it yet

RACER X 09-06-2013 01:51 PM

they are recalling ALL XDS's, don't think they were ready, read something like 7000 showed up at their for doorstep day 1. Like 225,000 estimated, heard 8 wks to 3 mos from SA

no parts yet, mid sept start date, very little info from SA

read of a couple double tapping and even 1 going full auto

no prob w ours, prob 300rds only

Trip 09-06-2013 02:24 PM

Anyone put on an auto bolt release or modify the bolt release on a 10/22?

I was having an issue with my extractor on my 10/22, so I bought a bunch of Volquartsen goodies for it. Got a trigger upgrade that came with the auto bolt release, recoil buffer, and extractor.

Auto bolt release is not working properly. I have followed several youtube videos to verify everything is installed correctly and it still doesn't release without doing the normal non-auto procedure to release it.

Not sure if it is getting caught on my mag release or something else. Can't find what is hold it up. They are sending me another to see if it is an issue with the auto bolt release and went ahead and ordered one of their extended mag releases to see if that is an issue.

RACER X 09-06-2013 03:52 PM

I bought a built trigger, but looking at that plate, it was pretty simple, just filling down that ridge

$75 exchanged, w a new billet trigger

I bought kidd bolt handle and buffer

Trip 09-06-2013 04:43 PM

The volquartsen one didn't need to be filed, I got it with the kit I bought for the trigger and extractor.

Finally found the issue, it was the archangel extended mag release. I sanded the angle that made contact with the bolt release plate some and it works perfectly now.

'73 H1 Triple 09-07-2013 08:34 PM

Mounted the IR 3X-10X scope this afternoon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e.jpg~original

Range time tomorrow morning :rockwoot:

Twobanger 09-08-2013 09:51 PM

Stopped by Walmart today and they had .22 pop-up targets for $10.96. They're small at only 7.5 inches tall and 2.75 inches wide but for the price you can't go wrong.

http://i39.tinypic.com/28aumxk.jpg

Shot at ten yards; the first shot just barely nicked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D5QXPOvxg4

Trip 09-09-2013 07:17 AM

Found another problem with my 10/22, those AR22 mags posted earlier in the thread suck. Stick with BX25s.

RACER X 09-09-2013 01:06 PM

those pop up targets are cool, will get me some

all I have are bx25.s well 2 of them at least

ruger is making a new 22 bolt action rifle, mid $200

Turbo Ghost 09-09-2013 04:33 PM

You should try the Do-All reactive bouncing targets! I've got the round ball one which reacts to .22 better than the others but, it's been hit with every caliber from .22 to .223 and is in fine shape! Supposedly, the top-hat design is the most fun for larger calibers.

Rangerscott 09-10-2013 12:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW3dlTMv6g

RACER X 09-10-2013 03:25 PM

just ordered some skinner sights for the takedown, that gun is a barrel of monkeys!

Trip 09-10-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 531743)
just ordered some skinner sights for the takedown, that gun is a barrel of monkeys!

yeah, I love my 22, I am thinking about building one from the parts a good trigger kit, bull barrel, and the nordic AR kit that you can put any AR floating shroud, grip, stock.

Rangerscott 09-10-2013 10:46 PM

Lazer for you 10/22's.

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-10_22-Las...g13+10-22Laser

Trip 09-10-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 531747)

I got just a standard one that just attaches to my rail on the barrel shroud on the archangel kit. I hardly have it on now because my dog loves to chase it and my wife didn't think the neighbors would like me pointing it at my dog and seeing it run around the yard like it was getting shot at. :lol:

RACER X 09-11-2013 09:56 AM

Colorado, winnerr winner!

RACER X 09-13-2013 06:34 PM

Went and fondled the new 22 bolt action, yup that'll be the next gun, bolt action was smooth and the new sccu-trigger was just that, sharp break smooth as glass, and store had it for $269

CasterTroy 09-16-2013 11:00 AM

Better buy your ammo and lowers before noon today! :td:

RACER X 09-16-2013 12:00 PM

if it's multiple shooters, it's going to be terrorist vs typical nutjob

but as usual, it's always the guns fault
and in a gun free zone

Rangerscott 09-16-2013 01:47 PM

Whats goibg on?

RACER X 09-16-2013 02:03 PM

possible multi shooters at navy shipyard in DC, multi wounded, 1 shooter down, looking for 2

Twobanger 09-16-2013 03:39 PM

News being reported now, is that the Shooter used a shotgun at first then picked up the handgun from a cop, and the rifle from another cop.

If that turns out to be accurate, with it happening in a double gun free zone (military installation in DC) and the shooter not fitting the "expected" profile, they hopefully won't be able to exploit it enough to ram through their agenda.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/aadfw.png

CasterTroy 09-16-2013 04:02 PM

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/u...ats_racist.gif if you assumed white guy!

Rangerscott 09-16-2013 08:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiP-s...9WLDMu49TxOYhw

goof2 09-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 531792)
News being reported now, is that the Shooter used a shotgun at first then picked up the handgun from a cop, and the rifle from another cop.

If that turns out to be accurate, with it happening in a double gun free zone (military installation in DC) and the shooter not fitting the "expected" profile, they hopefully won't be able to exploit it enough to ram through their agenda.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/aadfw.png

Most recent I read was that he had an AR, a Glock, and another rifle. They didn't say if he brought them with him though.

That graphic seems to indicate some kind of a firearms violation in TX in 2010. I'm also reading he shot out someone's tires in 2004 in Seattle. I'm curious to see how he obtained any guns at all.

Either way background checks are going to be hammered again and Feinstein is already blathering about more gun control.

Rangerscott 09-16-2013 11:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPzr1vzmGY