Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

Cutty72 02-20-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 168703)
yeah same number...

Sounds good.
If this shit weather continues and gets worse, the tourney may get canceled.
I'll let you know either way.

Mr Lefty 02-20-2009 04:55 PM

cool

marko138 02-22-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 168652)
Fucking do it. Should be lots of open track for cheap money. We will drink brews monday night and benchrace.

You know the deal...but also know this...I'm working on it. You'll be kept in the loop.

zed 02-22-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 165500)
At least you have a job! redflip

I'm there right now too. hope ya find something.

rogue 02-22-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 169340)
I'm there right now too. hope ya find something.

No job for you too? Good luck to you too!

I'm going into week 2 of no job. Call me optimistic, but I hope I find something this week....two if I have to! :D

Lamnidae 02-22-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 169341)
No job for you too? Good luck to you too!

I'm going into week 2 of no job. Call me optimistic, but I hope I find something this week....two if I have to! :D

Hey what happened w/ Fri? how did that go?

rogue 02-22-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblyopic (Post 169353)
Hey what happened w/ Fri? how did that go?

I had to reschedule the appointment because my son called me sick as hell from school and I had to go get him about the same time my appointment was. :(

I have 2 definite interviews this next week as well as taking the civil service exam (the state is hiring). I also have a couple more decent leads that I have to go apply in person too. Since I've pretty much applied at all the good places via online, I'm now out for whatever I can find that will help pay the bills.

I'm still waiting on my pink slip to see what they wrote as the reason they let me go. I've gotten my last pay check via snail mail but no slip....??

Lamnidae 02-22-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 169355)

I'm still waiting on my pink slip to see what they wrote as the reason they let me go. I've gotten my last pay check via snail mail but no slip....??

That's a bit odd....

I'd be curious as well, it sounds like a really odd situation but you said they were giving you severance? correct?

Good luck w/ the Civ Serv exam. Ya get a gov job you're pretty much solid (pretty much not 100%, k? heh)

How's the kiddo doing? feeling better?

rogue 02-22-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblyopic (Post 169356)
That's a bit odd....

I'd be curious as well, it sounds like a really odd situation but you said they were giving you severance? correct?

Good luck w/ the Civ Serv exam. Ya get a gov job you're pretty much solid (pretty much not 100%, k? heh)

How's the kiddo doing? feeling better?

The owner said she'd give me a severance pay. I haven't seen that either. :idk: I thought everything would have came in one envelope...instead the only envelope I got was my check stub (I have/had automatic deposit). Since I haven't received anything I'm curious to know if I've actually been laid off (since she told me to come see her in 90 days) or what the deal is. I'd try to go see her but I need a code to get in the door. I imagine mine's already been taken out. If I call, I have to get around the manager first and I don't trust her to tell me much. She loves talking in circles. :rolleyes:

It would be really nice if I could get a state job. The local charity hospital has 2 positions open for admissions. My aunt worked there years ago and got a really nice retirement from them. I have a couple of friends that work there too and the benefits are still the same. If I could get one of those positions, I'd be set! :dthumb:

The Young Padawan is at his dad's for two weeks (50/50 custody...two weeks with me...two weeks with their dad). I talked to him last night and he says he's doing a little better. When I picked him up from school, I stopped by the store for some meds for him. Hopefully whatever he's managed to get sick with isn't bad. Especially since today is his birthday. Young Padawan is 14 today. :D

Lamnidae 02-22-2009 04:41 PM

14? well I guess I shouldn't of made the "Kiddo" remark.

You have any other way to contact the owner? Anyone else to speak to? I can't see why you'd *have* to go through that manager.....

That's one of the things I"m thinking w/ your situation, w/ teh severance and the word to come bak in 90 days.... I dunno, try to get in touch w/ the owner... But still, 3 mo is a long time to wait.

Good luck w/ that test though!