Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

Papa_Complex 06-05-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 529653)

Haven't had one of those things in my hands in 30 years; not since I left Cadets.

nhgunnut 06-05-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 529842)
Reminds me of a guy I work with, he builds all kinds of different AKs. Bought all kinds of tools to do a lot of the work himself. I forget how many he has now, but it's a fuck ton. However, he basically owns almost no ammo. He shoots them a few times after he builds them to make sure everything works properly and sight them, but after that they pretty much go on display. He just likes building them.

I understand I have a small collection. I enjoy building AKs My self, because unlike ARs they are not Plug and Play Lego sets. I know I have done more Ak's for friends than I am ever likely to own. I will sat though I am disgusted by the Market right now. I mean 799 for a Romanian? When I think of how many of those I put together on one hundred dollar kits and $50 dollar receivers, either not charging my buddies or or feelling guilty charging a $100 to do the build.

'73 H1 Triple 06-05-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 529846)
Haven't had one of those things in my hands in 30 years; not since I left Cadets.

I like mine. It shoots very well ( it's a battle rifle not a sniper rifle) and as the the AR15 folks are finding out, it's the better design being a gas piston.

There is a guy on the FAL files who hasn't cleaned his weapon ( other than som eoil ) in over 10 years and has fired over 16,500 rounds thru it ( 7.62 x 51 / .308 win caliber ) It's still going strong and still as accurate as when just built.

It's known as "Old Dirty" :lol:

Rangerscott 06-05-2013 09:26 PM

Plus when you run out of bullets, you can beat your enemy to death with it.

Papa_Complex 06-05-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 529864)
I like mine. It shoots very well ( it's a battle rifle not a sniper rifle) and as the the AR15 folks are finding out, it's the better design being a gas piston.

There is a guy on the FAL files who hasn't cleaned his weapon ( other than som eoil ) in over 10 years and has fired over 16,500 rounds thru it ( 7.62 x 51 / .308 win caliber ) It's still going strong and still as accurate as when just built.

It's known as "Old Dirty" :lol:

Imagine the abuse that they got, when used by a bunch of know-nothing, green kaydets :lol:

Twobanger 06-06-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 529834)
I think I'll go that route with the pistol (soon to be SBR) since the trigger pull on it is more consistent with CQB needs and not distance precision.

I want to build a 20" bull barrel 5.56 next, and the Gold trigger is most def going in THAT.

My neighbor (quiet Doctor, whom you'd NEVER suspect was into guns...actually...he's a divorced father of 3 that keeps to himself) came over last night as I was rebuilding the forks on the YZ and saw the pistol AR on the counter. He asked some very pointed questions, and acknowledged the optics correctly. I was shocked. Dude's lived next to me for 4 years and is only NOW trusting me enough to talk about his stash.

Dude's rockin 5 AR's and 15k rounds of ammo, and recently purchased some night vision. I'm going over tonight to check it out, coupled with his lasers and my pistol (has a NV setting) I'm quite certain my wife will HATE this dude by the end of the week (Baby can I PLEASE have $3500 for some NV goggles?)

So now we have 3 "Tackleberrys" on my street in a row! I pity the fool who comes down our little road.

Have you seen the "brace" Sig Sauer just got ATF approval to make? If the price is right, it looks like a nice stop gap until your stamp comes in.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s-stays-legal/

I put a Geissle SD3G in my steel challenge m&p 15-22 and that thing is amazing. If you have a dealer near, try the SD-E out.

CasterTroy 06-06-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 529872)
Have you seen the "brace" Sig Sauer just got ATF approval to make? If the price is right, it looks like a nice stop gap until your stamp comes in.

:rockwoot: Defiantly will check this out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 529872)

I put a Geissle SD3G in my steel challenge m&p 15-22 and that thing is amazing. If you have a dealer near, try the SD-E out.

This as well. I love my 15-22, and with my can coming in, it will likely see more action than the rest of my AR's. And I'd LOVE to have a good trigger on it!

BIG thanks! :rockwoot:

nhgunnut 06-07-2013 01:18 PM

I just took these in trade. DO we have any Colt magazine collectors here
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps27e3da87.jpg

RACER X 06-10-2013 07:20 AM

any recommends for a low priced 10/22 Ruger takedown?

daughter's 8th coming up, lol

CasterTroy 06-10-2013 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was SO much more fun than I ever expected.

Might be time to book a trip to Spike Box Ranch in Benjamin Tx to hunt some wild hogs at night! Who's up for it?