Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528918)
While this is cute it is hardly News Worthy. The only thing new about this is that it printed. But it is driving the gun grabbers nuts. So guess it will have some entertainment value.
Interestingly enough, even if it is made illegal , here in the States Knowing how to, or have the plans to do it, can not be made illegal. (Unless we get back to burning books)

When I read the article the first thought that popped into my head was, "Have they never heard of zip guns?"

LeeNetworX 05-07-2013 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:rockwoot:

nhgunnut 05-07-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528919)
When I read the article the first thought that popped into my head was, "Have they never heard of zip guns?"

I agree with you! it could just as easily be fabricated out of past flat stock. Oh unless they are printing rifling in the barrel it is a AOW here in the states.

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528937)
I agree with you! it could just as easily be fabricated out of past flat stock. Oh unless they are printing rifling in the barrel it is a AOW here in the states.

They could print all the rifling that they want in the barrel, and the technology can handle it easily, but the bloody polymer powder and resin will never hold up to a bullet. You'd just blow dust out the barrel, that used to be rifling, on the first shot.

goof2 05-07-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528921)
:rockwoot:

Nice. Unfortunately I think we are only in the midst of a temporary reprieve. My guess is Obama, Biden, Feinstein, and the rest of them think the only mistake they made this last go round was taking too much time to get legislation ready. They won't make the same one again. This legislation is ready to go, it is just on hold until the next tragedy. Gun control advocates realize they need fresh victims to create another very brief window of time where the public may support it, regardless of how ineffective it would be. Of course those in favor of gun rights are portrayed as the fear mongers.:shrug:

nhgunnut 05-08-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 528953)
Nice. Unfortunately I think we are only in the midst of a temporary reprieve. My guess is Obama, Biden, Feinstein, and the rest of them think the only mistake they made this last go round was taking too much time to get legislation ready. They won't make the same one again. This legislation is ready to go, it is just on hold until the next tragedy. Gun control advocates realize they need fresh victims to create another very brief window of time where the public may support it, regardless of how ineffective it would be. Of course those in favor of gun rights are portrayed as the fear mongers.:shrug:

I think your assessment is 100% correct. Obama and his minions are lying in wait for something they use to turn into a hate campaign.

CasterTroy 05-09-2013 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got the 80% lower back from the engravers and ceracoted.

nhgunnut 05-09-2013 03:55 PM

Ooops I did it again.. 300 Blackout for night work

Nothing special really but I like my 300 blackout a lot.. Wanted one to have one for night work (Light amplification for Coyotes is legal here in NH) So here it is on one of my other lowers.
16 inch 1/8 barrel with a Pistol Length Gas System
with the Budget NV I own on it ( it will probably grow a lower over the next month or so.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psc1d693b2.jpg
What do you think?

CasterTroy 05-09-2013 04:22 PM

Why pistol length gas block? Why not carbine?

How much quieter is the blackout than the 5.56 suppressed? I know subsonic blackout is a MAJOR plus...but really.....are we talking majorly significant?

I've contemplated blackout, but damn that's ANOTHER round I'd have to stock :tremble:

nhgunnut 05-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 529033)
Why pistol length gas block? Why not carbine?

How much quieter is the blackout than the 5.56 suppressed? I know subsonic blackout is a MAJOR plus...but really.....are we talking majorly significant?

I've contemplated blackout, but damn that's ANOTHER round I'd have to stock :tremble:

300 blackout with subs is as incredibly quiet. Think airgun quiet. With 220 grain round su you are delivering far more energy than a subsonic 223 72 grain . This pistol length system be ause I have yet to see a carbine length system reliably cycle subs. That includles cmmg, aac , and ond custom. In supersonic you have something delivering the same general ballistics as a 30/30 or 7.62x39. The round uses standard AR mags and bolt.