Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

Rangerscott 03-14-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 527434)
yeah i wasnt doing it anyway... Fuck moderation...

Fuck yea. Taking dick in moderation is for pussies.

OneSickPsycho 03-14-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 527435)
Fuck yea. Taking dick in moderation is for pussies.

And for gay assholes like you, it's as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

Rangerscott 03-14-2013 04:05 PM

Thats why men are always on top.

Twobanger 03-18-2013 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was a busy weekend. Between sxsw and my kid's robotics class I made a quick run to Houston and picked up a CZ SP-01 Tactical. It came with four mags and a .22 Kadet slide that also had four magazines. Not a great deal at 1K, but about 300 less than msrp and who knows how much lower than the going rate...if you can find it, so I'm satisfied.

Adeptus_Minor 03-19-2013 02:17 AM

Always liked the look of the all-metal SP-01's. :dthumb:

RACER X 03-19-2013 05:23 AM

whats wrong w/ this pic

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...72_634x476.jpg

CasterTroy 03-19-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 527502)
whats wrong w/ this pic

Objects in optics may be closer than they appear

RACER X 03-19-2013 11:43 AM

rear site is also lower than ft site, so even w/o the red dot he still can't aim properly

CasterTroy 03-19-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 527513)
rear site is also lower than ft site, so even w/o the red dot he still can't aim properly

No, I have the same fold down rear setup on my Del-Ton (except my red dot is on the right direction) and I can see straight thru without any issues(when I don't turn on the red dot)

The front sight pin is down in the valley of the sight not on the top, and the "V" for the rear sight is in the peak

LeeNetworX 03-19-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 527502)

Bald dude popped his collar, but this ain't that kind of party.

CasterTroy 03-19-2013 03:17 PM

Assault gun dropped from bill

Quote:

The leader of the Democrat-controlled Senate on Tuesday dropped a proposed assault weapons ban from the chamber’s gun-control package – dealing a blow to supporters of the ban, though it could still come up for a vote.
The sponsor of the measure, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., revealed that Reid told her the proposed ban would not be in the initial package. Feinstein said she's "disappointed" with the decision, and is expected to nevertheless offer it as an amendment.
But the move by Reid to cut it from the main bill signals a lack of congressional support for a proposal that would not only revive, but strengthen, the decade-long ban that expired in 2004.
The proposed ban passed was passed last week by the Senate Judiciary Committee, along with three other measures. The others dealt with providing more school safety aid, expanding federal background checks on potential gun buyers and helping authorities prosecute illegal gun traffickers.
Feinstein has led the gun-control charge since President Obama called for federal legislation in the wake of the Newtown and other mass shootings.
The assault weapons ban was the most controversial of the major proposals to restrict guns that have been advanced by Obama and Senate Democrats. Because of that, it had been expected that the assault weapons measure would be left out of the initial package the Senate considers, with Democrats hoping the Senate could in turn amass the strongest possible vote for the overall legislation.
There are 53 Democrats in the Senate, plus two independents who usually vote with them.
Having a separate vote on assault weapons might free moderate Democratic senators facing re-election next year in Republican-leaning states to vote against the assault weapons measure, but then support the remaining overall package of gun curbs.
Gun control supporters consider a strong Senate vote important because the Republican-run House has shown little enthusiasm for most of Obama's proposals.
Feinstein said Reid told her there would be two additional votes. One would be on her assault weapons ban, which also includes a ban on ammunition magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. The second would just be on prohibiting the high-capacity magazine clips.
Many Democrats think the ban on large-capacity magazines has a better chance of getting 60 votes than the assault weapons ban.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2O0zJBYx3

Rangerscott 03-19-2013 03:58 PM

MIDWAY has tapco 556 mags in.

OneSickPsycho 03-19-2013 04:53 PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...arate-measure/

And apparently Magpul is going to stand by their word and pull out of CO.

Rangerscott 03-19-2013 07:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6Vsouiwh.jpg

goof2 03-19-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Obviously I’m disappointed … the enemies on this are very powerful. I’ve known that all my life.

Yeah Dianne, they are called the American people. You tried to shoehorn this shit in during the 5 minutes the public may have supported it after Sandy Hook but before realizing it does nothing to prevent another Sandy Hook. Too slow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 527524)
img

Darwin emblem: Check
Democratic donkey emblem: Check
Faux News Channel sticker: Check
Texas plate: Check

So which part of Austin was this? I hope Magpul moves in across the street.

Rangerscott 03-19-2013 10:31 PM

Took it off another forum.

Rangerscott 03-19-2013 11:13 PM

Stand strong.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...mily-services/

Papa_Complex 03-20-2013 09:37 AM

Sounds remarkable normal for a supercilious government employee; demand something that she can't, make threats to do something that would likely screw up a family's life completely in order to obtain something she has no right to, then run away when confronted by people who know their rights.

LeeNetworX 03-20-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 527529)
Yeah Dianne, they are called the American people.

I love how those citizens who oppose her wanting to trample all over our constitutional rights are labeled "enemies". Fucking whorebag.

Twobanger 03-20-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 527515)
No, I have the same fold down rear setup on my Del-Ton (except my red dot is on the right direction) and I can see straight thru without any issues(when I don't turn on the red dot)

The front sight pin is down in the valley of the sight not on the top, and the "V" for the rear sight is in the peak

Nah he's right. That's the Micro version of the sight and on a different plane than the front sight on an AR.

Twobanger 03-20-2013 11:59 AM

If he had kept up with this thread, he would have set his rifle up correctly.

http://twowheelfix.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=656

Rangerscott 03-20-2013 12:19 PM

AIM haa troy battlemags

Twobanger 03-20-2013 12:28 PM

And Spikes tactical 5.45 uppers

Rangerscott 03-21-2013 09:43 AM

If you back ordered mags from midway, you might wanna check your account. I had some pmag windows and tapco mags. Went to buy some of those stoner mags and when I was checking out, it said I could "release" the tapco mags from backorder. I thought they would just ship but apparently not. No telling how long they were holding them for me.

nhgunnut 03-21-2013 01:37 PM

This is a Purely a hey I pimped my gun post, but I have to say I love the change. From the day I bought this Ruger 22/45 lite there were two things that stood out. First it is an outstanding host for suppressor. Second with its goofy gold tinted silver finish it looked like a "Buck Rogers" prop gun. here it is Stock.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...027_104653.jpg
Here it is with $40 worth of cerakoting on it
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps44831fb1.jpg
and here it is hosting my Gemtech Outback
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps900cb7e5.jpg

CasterTroy 03-21-2013 01:48 PM

I picked up a 22/45 threaded 2 weeks ago myself for a good suppressor host! LOVE that damn thing :rockwoot:

Hows the ceracote feel? I'm having my 80% lower done in black next week

LeeNetworX 03-21-2013 02:05 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...It-Is-Undoable

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

New York's Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo is rescinding his ban on 10-round magazines after realizing that most gun manufacturers don't make magazines smaller than 10 rounds.

His original restrictions were that no magazines holding more than seven rounds could be sold within the state, but he realized after-the-fact that such a rule turns into a de facto ban on almost every magazine manufactured.
Speaking on March 20, Cuomo said the state needs to allow the sale of handgun and rifle magazines that hold 10 rounds, "but New Yorkers will still be required to keep no more than seven bullets in them."
Not coincidentally, the ban on 10 round magazines was the first ban rammed through a state legislature and signed into law following Adam Lanza's heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary. Looking back on it, Cuomo now sees that "it was rushed to a vote in the Legislature after closed-door negotiations on Jan. 15."

nhgunnut 03-21-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 527567)
I picked up a 22/45 threaded 2 weeks ago myself for a good suppressor host! LOVE that damn thing :rockwoot:

Hows the ceracote feel? I'm having my 80% lower done in black next week

Well the stuff wears like Iron, and it feels like a Ceramic Coating, the texture is determined by how they media blast it. So depending on what they use to blast with and how much pressure they use will impact texture. What prompted me to go the Cerakote root is one of our Local Celebrities (a singer with the band "All that Remains" )has it on his Glock and he is a avid 3 gun shooter. after a thousand rounds there bearing surfaces of where the slide rides on the frame , instead of wearing off as I suspected it would, it polished itself to a glass like finish. I have to say having used gunkote and durakote in the past the Cerakote seems a far superior product.

CasterTroy 03-21-2013 02:31 PM

:rockwoot: Sweet! Can't wait to get this lower back.

CasterTroy 03-21-2013 02:57 PM

OH, BTW....have you found ANY extra mags for the 22/45 Mark III?

I can't locate ONE :td:

nhgunnut 03-21-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 527571)
OH, BTW....have you found ANY extra mags for the 22/45 Mark III?

I can't locate ONE :td:

To be honest I havent looked mine came with two. I might know a source PM me

RACER X 03-22-2013 07:46 AM

gov. of 'our' state

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/...ps168bfc41.jpg

CasterTroy 03-22-2013 03:54 PM

How rimfire ammo is made

CCI factory tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvK9QlQtrKI

goof2 03-22-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 527584)
How rimfire ammo is made

Good find. I was just talking with someone recently about rimfire and I had no idea how it was primed.

CasterTroy 03-25-2013 01:51 PM

On my local forum today:

Quote:

I have (6) 100 round boxes of Federal Champion I am selling for $100 per 100 round box. This is the same ammo that you can buy at Walmart for $32 per 100 round box. Since you can not find it in walmart anymore except on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, I have decided to let some of my stash go at so that I may help my fellow shooters that do not have time to look for this. If interested, please pm me here. An "i'll take it" will not hold the ammo. The first 6 people with cash money will get this rare and valuable ammo. Thanks for looking

Quote:

So you are helping out by tripling the price?
Quote:

No sir. I am helping out by making this available and I am helping myself out by tripiling the prices. That's called honesty in advertising. Please PM if you do not agree with pricing. This is not the place to question it. thanks
Quote:

Is this the same guy that post:

Originally Posted by brad
I personally find it disgraceful that members of a group of people like this will buy an item to resale at a profit to other members of that group and thereby artificially causing a shortage in supply. Per forum rules, we are not allowed to make offers on the for sale threads or post negative comments on the threads. I understand and agree with this policy up to a point. My questions are these:
1) Would it be appropriate to leave negative feedback about such sellers in the feedback section?
2) Would it be acceptable to PM potential buyers that post in these threads and inform them that they are overpaying and helping to perpetuate the ammo shortage
3) Am I just being a whiny little beatch about the whole thing and should I just shut the hell up and go to the range?

For the record, I am a big fan of a free market but believe the market is being manipulated and that certain members of this group are taking advantage of other members of the same group. I am also a fan of the saying " we all need to stick together" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Quote:

I am the same brad that posted that.

Unfrigginbelievable

Papa_Complex 03-25-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 527637)
On my local forum today:

Unfrigginbelievable

I believe that's called "hypocrisy"

Trip 03-25-2013 02:42 PM

Lol

Rangerscott 03-25-2013 03:14 PM

Should have told him no one can find ammo because of ass holes like you.

CasterTroy 03-25-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 527644)
Should have told him no one can find ammo because of ass holes like you.

Umm...no..it's assholes like THIS guy:

Quote:

I am helping a friend sell off some ammo due to a move to TX. This ammo is all fresh and has been stored in a climate controlled area. It is in unissued GI .50 ammo cans that are availbe for $15 ea with ammo purchase.

Here is what I have:

2500 rounds of CCI SubSonic 40 gr HP 1050fps $325 per 2500 rounds

(16 left) 2500 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity 40 gr LRN 1070fps $325 per 2500 rounds

(12 left) 2500 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag 36 gr HP 1260fps $300 per 2500 rounds

2500 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr CRN 1235fps $300 per 2500 rounds

(12 left) 2500 rounds of Federal 510 40 gr LRN 1240fps $250 per 2500 rounds

Please post an "I'll take it" in the thread (Very Important to help me track who is buying what) and send me a PM

No trades and not willing to ship

Quote:

Do I read that correctly? 120,000rds total?
Quote:

Sounds about right...:-)
Also:

Quote:

I am helping a friend sell off some ammo due to a move to TX. This ammo is all fresh and has been stored in a climate controlled area. It is in unissued GI .50 ammo cans that available for $15 ea. with ammo purchase.

The Federal American Eagle is a top quality target round that is a cut above the rest.

Here is what I have:

(44 left) 1000 round Cases of Federal American Eagle 9mm 115 gr FMJ $380 per case

(24 left) 1000 round Cases of Federal American Eagle .45 230 FMJ $475 per case

(10 left) 1000 round Cases of Aquila Brass .45 230 gr FMJ $450 per case

All Aquila Sold

Please post an "I'll take it" in the thread (Very Important to help me track who is buying what) and send me a PM

No trades and not willing to ship

Twobanger 03-25-2013 06:04 PM

Damn. I wish I had bought 90,000 cci before SH.

Rangerscott 03-25-2013 07:45 PM

Yea but I bet that was over time, not just these past months. You dont notice that gone when no one else is buying.

CasterTroy 03-26-2013 10:34 AM

HELL YEAH!!! Nabbed two of these bitches before they got gone!

Rangerscott 03-26-2013 11:20 AM

At leqst the shipping is free.

RACER X 03-26-2013 06:09 PM

Gabby GIffords dog kills baby seal, BAN APBT!!!!

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/michaelber...ticle=11111185

CasterTroy 03-27-2013 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The new suppressor recipient

Turbo Ghost 03-27-2013 02:29 PM

What make is the top holster with the darker leather? How much?

CasterTroy 03-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 527702)
What make is the top holster with the darker leather? How much?

It's my favorite!

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

$90

Turbo Ghost 03-27-2013 06:41 PM

I was looking at those last night. A little too pricey for me right now. Of course, you could buy the clips for $9 and get a piece of leather and some kydex and make your own. What position do you wear it? They say 4:00 but, I'm thinking it would be fine for an appendix carry which is what I want.

CasterTroy 03-28-2013 10:44 AM

Yep 4:00

The PF-9 I can wear at 3:00 with no print or issues even in shorts (camo or black/dark shorts...not tan)

It's a cheaper model, and I ended up buying the clips for it because I liked them on the Minotaur one so well. If the el cheapo PF-9 one craps out I'll spring for a minotaur for it as well.

Turbo Ghost 03-28-2013 11:34 AM

I'm dealing with a PT845 which they don't make a holster for. I may end up making my own.

Rangerscott 03-29-2013 01:15 PM

Got 65 lbs of pew pew pew and today Ill be getting 5 holders for that pew pew pew.

nhgunnut 04-16-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 522943)
Ok winter is in sight and I needed a project, so I went through Curtis at Ak_builder.com and grabbed this
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...107_085104.jpg
After unwrapping this this little bundle of joy I was very pleased with the its content.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...107_090442.jpg
A Bulgarian AK74 kit sporting as issued Bulgarian Plum furniture.
for folks who are interested in doing a build of a AK Curtis's kits are the easiest I have found to deal with. In case you don't know it is illegal to import kits now with complete barrels. That means if you see a what used to be a $99. Romanian "G" kit with it's original barrel you will pay as much as $450 or possibly more for it. If you buy a kit with a De-milled Barrel you are left to buy a new Virgin barrel head space it your self (time consuming and annoyingly difficult) press on the gas block drill the gas port and then press on the front sight then go one to De Mill the rest of the kit and prep it for building.
Curtis provides the Kit with a Chrome lined US barrel head spaced and all hard wear installed.
Additionally when the kit arrives you will find that all the old rivets have been removed (saves a couple hours of work) and is ready for assembly and finishing.
The condition of the kit I received is amazing . First rather present surprise is mine is a number matching kit (His sight says they may not be , the one I received is) Sight , gas block and front sight are straight with no cant. (making this happen with a virgin barrel can be tough for the home builder) The kit I received has very little wear and the finish on parts original to the rifle look new. Like most of the kits I have see the furniture has some handling marks but look to be in very good to excellent condition. Additionally Curtis has and I bought the rivet kits to assemble the rifle and original Bulgarian sight rail
While not as Lego like as the AR platforms with small investment in tools AK are easy enough to build . I will be ordering a NDS receiver to build mine on but if you are a crafty sort Curtis also sells 80% Complete receivers .
Oh and on a side note if you are interested in any of these , given the election results NOW would be the time to act

Ok I am not much of a Photographer but here she is. The Furniture was mis-matched and dinged up enough that I considered buying new K-Var but the Cerakoter suggested that I let them Kote the Furniture. and It came out great . And what a sweet shooter.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps74c80693.jpg

OneSickPsycho 04-16-2013 09:04 AM

So if I wanted to build one... what sort of money would I be looking at for all the parts, tools, shipping, etc?

nhgunnut 04-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 528303)
So if I wanted to build one... what sort of money would I be looking at for all the parts, tools, shipping, etc?

Well I grabbed mine before the panic and the Kit was 350 and rivet kit was 10 ( bought two kit knowing that I ususaly bung up a rivet and having a spare is nice. G2 Trigger Kit is 30, and a Finished receiver is about 100. Tooling can get pricey. The good news is that most automotive/bike shops have a 12 ton or great press that is great for the rear rivets. Fabbing a jig to do it is easy, the jig to press the barrel is a simple plate and bot arrangement. The challenge is the Rivet in the front trunion. I have used a Set of Modified bolt cutters for several builds and will lend them to you if you want to cover shipping both ways. Recently a friend spent about 300 though on the AK-Builder Kit , I used it and damn does it make it easy!

OneSickPsycho 04-16-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528321)
Well I grabbed mine before the panic and the Kit was 350 and rivet kit was 10 ( bought two kit knowing that I ususaly bung up a rivet and having a spare is nice. G2 Trigger Kit is 30, and a Finished receiver is about 100. Tooling can get pricey. The good news is that most automotive/bike shops have a 12 ton or great press that is great for the rear rivets. Fabbing a jig to do it is easy, the jig to press the barrel is a simple plate and bot arrangement. The challenge is the Rivet in the front trunion. I have used a Set of Modified bolt cutters for several builds and will lend them to you if you want to cover shipping both ways. Recently a friend spent about 300 though on the AK-Builder Kit , I used it and damn does it make it easy!

Hmm... sounds like I probably won't be owning an AK anytime soon lol..

CasterTroy 04-16-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528321)
Fabbing a jig to do it is easy, the jig to press the barrel is a simple plate and bot arrangement. The challenge is the Rivet in the front trunion. I have used a Set of Modified bolt cutters for several builds and will lend them to you if you want to cover shipping both ways. Recently a friend spent about 300 though on the AK-Builder Kit , I used it and damn does it make it easy!

Damn I wish I could find that youtube video of the guy walking up into the mountains of Afghanistan and passing thru this area of tents and caves where dozens of workers are pounding out AK-47's by the THOUSANDS using very primitive hand tools and smelting processes.

I can't remember the number but it was VERY few people (several KIDS and elderly) pumping out hundreds of AK's a day.

One of the truly easiest guns to hand forge from scratch.

I've owned 2, and numerous norinco SKS's but it'd be neat as hell to build one like you're doing. But I'd only do it with you somewhere in reasonable driving distance from me so I could get you to unfuck what I did the night before :lol:

Having said that....I hope my 10.5" barrel for my AR pistol build comes in today :rockwoot: My 80% lower is off for engraving and ceracoting

Papa_Complex 04-16-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 528330)
Damn I wish I could find that youtube video of the guy walking up into the mountains of Afghanistan and passing thru this area of tents and caves where dozens of workers are pounding out AK-47's by the THOUSANDS using very primitive hand tools and smelting processes.

I can't remember the number but it was VERY few people (several KIDS and elderly) pumping out hundreds of AK's a day.

I've owned 2, and numerous norinco SKS's but it'd be neat as hell to build one like you're doing. But I'd only do it with you somewhere in reasonable driving distance from me so I could get you to unfuck what I did the night before :lol:

Having said that....I hope my 10.5" barrel for my AR pistol build comes in today :rockwoot: My 80% lower is off for engraving and ceracoting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FinRqCocwGE

CasterTroy 04-17-2013 07:47 AM

THAAAAAT's it! With the Arab Gary Marshall

Twobanger 04-17-2013 06:42 PM

Gun control bills fail in the senate:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._largeHeadline

LeeNetworX 04-18-2013 08:21 AM

http://www.leenetworx.com/pics/JoeAn...Protection.jpg

OneSickPsycho 04-18-2013 09:44 AM

http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/17/ob...control-defeat

nhgunnut 04-19-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 528330)

Building an AK is by no means Rocket Science (After all they were designed to be built by people who had Vodka for Breakfast.) I would encourage you to give it a go. Once the Barrel is Head spaced it really is about can you live with your rivet work. The worst case involves drilling or grinding out a rivet and starting again. I have done about 7 of these now (one is 3/4 done the bench right now). Oh and Post up how your receiver comes out.

RACER X 04-26-2013 12:45 PM

jerry miculek on 1911's

goto 20min to see him speed shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xgs3nse8rW0

Twobanger 05-01-2013 04:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1nPSNnaBo

OneSickPsycho 05-01-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 528760)

I'd prefer a reenactment of something that really happened... There are plenty of stories to choose from... This video is easily countered by a Hollywood version in which the bad guys always miss and the good guy only needed two bullets - both fictional.

Papa_Complex 05-01-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 528763)
I'd prefer a reenactment of something that really happened... There are plenty of stories to choose from... This video is easily countered by a Hollywood version in which the bad guys always miss and the good guy only needed two bullets - both fictional.

A police study that I read years back, that was based on US statistics, that said most gun battles took place at less than 30 feet, involved both sides emptying their weapons, and only rarely involved gunshot injuries.

And that was a study of trained professionals.

OneSickPsycho 05-01-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528767)
A police study that I read years back, that was based on US statistics, that said most gun battles took place at less than 30 feet, involved both sides emptying their weapons, and only rarely involved gunshot injuries.

And that was a study of trained professionals.

Yeah, there's a LOT of that. The majority, something like 98%, of defensive gun use cases a shot is never even fired.

Twobanger 05-01-2013 09:25 AM

Most street/patrol cops aren't really trained as well as folks think they are. In the Dorner case the women's pickup was shot at over one hundred times and they just collected 4 million dollars. The 19 year old terrorist had no gun, and they shot the heck out of the boat in a one sided gunfight and didn't kill him. Go through any of the New York City cop shootings where they shoot a crazy amount of shots and miss almost all of them. Unless its SWAT for a major urban area, the average American match shooter is way way more capable than a "trained professional" cop that only shoots quals twice a year.

Twobanger 05-01-2013 10:18 AM

This PSA/scenario/whatever is intended to be a situation graphically showing the potential consequences to a law abiding citizen as a result of the capacity limit that was passed into law in New York earlier this year, and the magazine capacity limits that were voted down in the Senate and not a stand alone "pro gun" piece. If it were a stand alone, a reenactment of actual events would indeed be a much better way to go.

CasterTroy 05-01-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 528769)
the average American match shooter is way way more capable than a "trained professional" cop that only shoots quals twice a year.

And yet have ANY special forces member take a "match shooter" thru a "house" under stress conditions and he won't hit jack squat!

I say that sitting here armchair quarterbacking I know....but I'll GLADLY admit I'm no match shooter, though I shoot "well". Nor am I special forces. My comment comes second hand as my uncle is the former firearms instructor for Charlotte police, former ranger, and currently working private security detail in Iraq who's been spending the last several years teaching civilians in Iraq how to shoot in "house" situations.
He use to get SUCH a kick out of the stories of officers missing 90% of what they shot at in REAL shootouts. Even the swat guys.

From what he says, they simply lack the training PERIOD. Even the swat guys, and as you saw in BOTH situations he's right. :tremble:

But I wouldn't BEGIN to agree that the average American match shooter is way way more capable! Even 3-gun (MAD respect for 3-gun shooters!) Shooting a stationary target with surgical precision, when you can time your trigger pull between heart beats, and hitting the broad side of a barn that has the potential of firing BACK at you with the INTENTION of taking your life?!?! Vastly different!
Hell...I dunno if you could hear anything BUT your heart POUNDING in your ears under THAT kind of stress?!?! And Hopefully I never find out. But I would IMAGINE under that kind of duress you're lucky if your not blind from the pre-staged of a stress migraine (fuzzy vision....if you've had a true migraine you know what I mean)

Having said that....IMHO police (especially swat) need more training before being released to handle these situations.

Papa_Complex 05-01-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 528769)
Most street/patrol cops aren't really trained as well as folks think they are. In the Dorner case the women's pickup was shot at over one hundred times and they just collected 4 million dollars. The 19 year old terrorist had no gun, and they shot the heck out of the boat in a one sided gunfight and didn't kill him. Go through any of the New York City cop shootings where they shoot a crazy amount of shots and miss almost all of them. Unless its SWAT for a major urban area, the average American match shooter is way way more capable than a "trained professional" cop that only shoots quals twice a year.

And the vast majority of gun owners don't even have that 'minimal' level of training nor experience that a street cop has.

Rangerscott 05-01-2013 11:47 AM

I watch war movies. Im trained.

RACER X 05-01-2013 12:23 PM

I used to play call of duty, I'm as good as Chuck Norris and Rambo put together, lol

NRA convention this weekend

Trip 05-01-2013 12:24 PM

Anyone lifetime NRA? Worth it? Anyone want to sponsor me for lifetime? Worth it?

Twobanger 05-01-2013 06:42 PM

Never said they did, but we're talking about your house being invaded while your family is there and someone saying you arent trained enough to fight back. Out in public, I'd be just as happy to have a serious idpa or 3 gunner be there to respond as I would a street cop or less ideally any old chl holder for that matter if no CAG or SEAL team just happens to be around when the next Nidal Hasan, or George Hennard (I was raised in Killeen/Ft Hood and my parents still live there) goes postal somewhere my parents are. I'll never understand how some people let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Trip, 300.00 and no sponsorship needed if the link is still good.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ampaignID=ar15

CasterTroy 05-02-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 528789)
Never said they did

I know....just ironic you say that as we were discussing how IDPA shooters in Reece's "house scenario" this past fall and how they sucked at it.

Trip
Yep..$300 a friggin DEAL!

But I think it ONLY lasts till May 2 so jump quick! (second link JIC)

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aperthandirttv

Trip 05-02-2013 07:49 AM

I did twobangers link last night, thanks

LeeNetworX 05-02-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 528799)
I know....just ironic you say that as we were discussing how IDPA shooters in Reece's "house scenario" this past fall and how they sucked at it.

Trip
Yep..$300 a friggin DEAL!

But I think it ONLY lasts till May 2 so jump quick! (second link JIC)

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aperthandirttv

That URL you post here refers by CTD. Screw those bastards, after their price gouging. :(

CasterTroy 05-02-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528808)
That URL you post here refers by CTD. Screw those bastards, after their price gouging. :(

Yeah I know....saw that. Wouldn't use the link for them (bastards) ..but it DID have the May 2 deadline info, where the original link didn't. I just wanted to put that out in case anyone was sitting on their hands waiting for payday and missed out.

Rangerscott 05-02-2013 11:29 AM

Whatvare tye "real world" benefits of being a memeber of the NRA?

Papa_Complex 05-02-2013 12:59 PM

You get to shout, "It's coming right for us!" and then open up.

Trip 05-02-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528817)
You get to shout, "It's coming right for us!" and then open up.

That's what I was thinking, reason I joined was I am trying to get on at a gun club to use their outdoor range. You have to submit an application and they look favorably on NRA members.

RACER X 05-02-2013 06:15 PM

how to draw

nice vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=BMSlCyc-SQQ#!

[YOUTUBE]BMSlCyc-SQQ[/YOUTUBE]

derf 05-04-2013 07:04 PM

Match shooting where you walk the course and know where the targets are, is nothing like a shot house where you don't know where stuff is. Knowing how to for on a split second decision takes an incredible amount of training and time. The reason that sf is so good isn't the weapons, it is the fact that they do things over and over until they get it right.

RACER X 05-06-2013 01:09 PM

NRA convention was jam packed, NRA got it to be a legal concealed carry event, nobody got shot!!

Turbo Ghost 05-06-2013 02:30 PM

Now that I think about it, I bet those who play a lot of paintball would be good in a real firefight. They're used to having to take cover and avoid getting shot and return fire. I need to play more!

CasterTroy 05-06-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 528888)
Now that I think about it, I bet those who play a lot of paintball would be good in a real firefight. They're used to having to take cover and avoid getting shot and return fire. I need to play more!

Sounds like we need to get a team together :rockwoot:

Turbo Ghost 05-07-2013 06:31 AM

I love to play but, I suck! I need a better barrel. I have no range with mine and my opponents can just pick me off while I'm lobbing paint at their feet!

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 07:15 AM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...united-states/

nhgunnut 05-07-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528897)

While this is cute it is hardly News Worthy. The only thing new about this is that it printed. But it is driving the gun grabbers nuts. So guess it will have some entertainment value.
Interestingly enough, even if it is made illegal , here in the States Knowing how to, or have the plans to do it, can not be made illegal. (Unless we get back to burning books)

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528918)
While this is cute it is hardly News Worthy. The only thing new about this is that it printed. But it is driving the gun grabbers nuts. So guess it will have some entertainment value.
Interestingly enough, even if it is made illegal , here in the States Knowing how to, or have the plans to do it, can not be made illegal. (Unless we get back to burning books)

When I read the article the first thought that popped into my head was, "Have they never heard of zip guns?"

LeeNetworX 05-07-2013 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:rockwoot:

nhgunnut 05-07-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 528919)
When I read the article the first thought that popped into my head was, "Have they never heard of zip guns?"

I agree with you! it could just as easily be fabricated out of past flat stock. Oh unless they are printing rifling in the barrel it is a AOW here in the states.

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 528937)
I agree with you! it could just as easily be fabricated out of past flat stock. Oh unless they are printing rifling in the barrel it is a AOW here in the states.

They could print all the rifling that they want in the barrel, and the technology can handle it easily, but the bloody polymer powder and resin will never hold up to a bullet. You'd just blow dust out the barrel, that used to be rifling, on the first shot.

goof2 05-07-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528921)
:rockwoot:

Nice. Unfortunately I think we are only in the midst of a temporary reprieve. My guess is Obama, Biden, Feinstein, and the rest of them think the only mistake they made this last go round was taking too much time to get legislation ready. They won't make the same one again. This legislation is ready to go, it is just on hold until the next tragedy. Gun control advocates realize they need fresh victims to create another very brief window of time where the public may support it, regardless of how ineffective it would be. Of course those in favor of gun rights are portrayed as the fear mongers.:shrug:

nhgunnut 05-08-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 528953)
Nice. Unfortunately I think we are only in the midst of a temporary reprieve. My guess is Obama, Biden, Feinstein, and the rest of them think the only mistake they made this last go round was taking too much time to get legislation ready. They won't make the same one again. This legislation is ready to go, it is just on hold until the next tragedy. Gun control advocates realize they need fresh victims to create another very brief window of time where the public may support it, regardless of how ineffective it would be. Of course those in favor of gun rights are portrayed as the fear mongers.:shrug:

I think your assessment is 100% correct. Obama and his minions are lying in wait for something they use to turn into a hate campaign.

CasterTroy 05-09-2013 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got the 80% lower back from the engravers and ceracoted.

nhgunnut 05-09-2013 03:55 PM

Ooops I did it again.. 300 Blackout for night work

Nothing special really but I like my 300 blackout a lot.. Wanted one to have one for night work (Light amplification for Coyotes is legal here in NH) So here it is on one of my other lowers.
16 inch 1/8 barrel with a Pistol Length Gas System
with the Budget NV I own on it ( it will probably grow a lower over the next month or so.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psc1d693b2.jpg
What do you think?

CasterTroy 05-09-2013 04:22 PM

Why pistol length gas block? Why not carbine?

How much quieter is the blackout than the 5.56 suppressed? I know subsonic blackout is a MAJOR plus...but really.....are we talking majorly significant?

I've contemplated blackout, but damn that's ANOTHER round I'd have to stock :tremble:

nhgunnut 05-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 529033)
Why pistol length gas block? Why not carbine?

How much quieter is the blackout than the 5.56 suppressed? I know subsonic blackout is a MAJOR plus...but really.....are we talking majorly significant?

I've contemplated blackout, but damn that's ANOTHER round I'd have to stock :tremble:

300 blackout with subs is as incredibly quiet. Think airgun quiet. With 220 grain round su you are delivering far more energy than a subsonic 223 72 grain . This pistol length system be ause I have yet to see a carbine length system reliably cycle subs. That includles cmmg, aac , and ond custom. In supersonic you have something delivering the same general ballistics as a 30/30 or 7.62x39. The round uses standard AR mags and bolt.